New 90 Ltr Tank!

For your viewing pleasure. I can't work out why there are so many stupid bubbles on the glass, should I just reach in a wipe them off? It's a 90ltr (20ish gallons) tanks, quite long and thin. There's a big vase on its side in there and a pot with plants in, and a very thin layer of red gravel at the bottom.

4286337084_026fb1760a.jpg

I wish this came out better, they were all huddling together.

4285591303_0c30850846.jpg

Their tank, all stupidly bubbly ARRR

4285589015_0a39977770.jpg

The tank again.

4286328142_4ea7323c9d.jpg

A bit closer up, you can just about see one of them, they're so small compared to the tank!

I think they're a bit shellshocked at the space :rolleyes::peeka lol but they'll get used to it.

Shiny Sides keeps trying to pop out the top of the water for some reason?

Pumpkin Spice felt right at home I think she was swimming around happily straight away.

Sorry the tank isn't very well decorated, it's just a mishmash of stuff atm until I can afford to buy more stuff. A few slate rocks and more plants methinks!

It looks great! I bet they have a huge growth spurt for you in no time! Congratulations. And yes while i am refilling the tank i get bubbles on the glass too. Just reach in and wipe them off. With clean hands.

Wow those second lot of pics are great! I'm sure the fish don't know what to do with themselves with so much space! It's cute how they stay together in a little trio like little kids at a new school when they don't know what they're supposed to do!

You are going to need a bigger filter at some point very soon, that one is fine for 5 gallons (I use one in my minnow tank) but not the space they have now.

Is that vase the one they were in or a different one? It looks cool :) You've done a lovely thing for them getting them a big tank and sacrificing half your desk for them, they'll pay you back a thousand fold :)

Grow little fishies grow!

Wow those second lot of pics are great! I'm sure the fish don't know what to do with themselves with so much space! It's cute how they stay together in a little trio like little kids at a new school when they don't know what they're supposed to do!

You are going to need a bigger filter at some point very soon, that one is fine for 5 gallons (I use one in my minnow tank) but not the space they have now.

Is that vase the one they were in or a different one? It looks cool :) You've done a lovely thing for them getting them a big tank and sacrificing half your desk for them, they'll pay you back a thousand fold :)

Grow little fishies grow!

Yeah I know the filter apparently does 11ltrs hahaha! It is cleaning stuff up a bit. I am waiting on my bfs mum to reply as to whether she has a spare filter (I'm sure she must they have a large tropical tank and used to have a gildfish tank too since the last one got too old and passed away, AND in the garage I saw another tank too so she HAS to have one kicking around! Just got to wait for her to confirm my suspicions (it's cheaper that way too :P).

Thanks for the compliments. They were all hiding behind the vase last night but now they are hiding in a group in the bottom left hand corner, nooo idea why! I just gave them some peas and sweetcorn too, hopefully that'll coax them out. The vase is one I used for flowers once it cost me £1 at a carboot sale xD

Edit: Btw I mainly put the little filter in to start filtering the old bowly goodness right away.

Edited by Goldfish Carer

• Admin

Wow your getting there hun... Now remember your tank is going to go through a cycling bump so your going to want to test your water, water changes are going to need to be done to keep ammonia and nitrites down too hun. :)