Looks Like A Lawn.

walter

I have seen pictures of planted tanks and have seen what appears to be low growing, wide spreading plants that resemble a lawn. can someone please tell me which plants may give me this effect.

I'm actually attempting to do something like this in my tank, the problem is a lot of those lawn effects are created by lots of little individual plants growing in substrate, and goldies like to dig...

One of the plants people use is riccia, a lot of them are medium-high lighting requirement and also use CO2.

I'm attempting to use java moss using this method, but I'm still waiting on the netting turning up in the post, I have the moss in a 2 gallon tank in little bits at the moment...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Plant-Net-Live-Aquarium-Fissiden-Java-Moss-Pellia-NEW_W0QQitemZ330368911455QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Fish?hash=item4ceb85885f

Let me know if you have any luck and how you do it ;)

Guest Kelsang

http://www.aquahobby.com/garden/img/Eleocharis_parvula_1.jpg

It seems that it needs medium-high lighting to flourish otherwise it will try to grow taller to reach light sources,which means that if you don't like it, you would have to trim it. And it will be messy :P

I don't have any DH, but it will prolly look pretty cool in a tank :D

But I would think that it will be tough vacuuming the gravel for poo.

That was great and when i set up my next tank with angles and neons i am going to try to duplicate that video. As for my gold fish tank i just found the site of { Arizona aquatic gardens} and found some real good ideas. I think dwarf baby tears and dwarf hair grass is what i am looking for.This site also sells the tools that where shown in the video. I am thinking that the bottom cleaning may not be a major issue if kept up and beleive that creating a more natural habitat will be benefitial to the health of my fish and more enjoyable for me.

Let's hope your goldies don't decide you made them a salad bar! I had an oranda who just tore the flesh off plants and left the skeleton behind and dug everything up...everything except java ferns and moss balls for some reason.

Thanks, i did some looking around on the web and am wondering if what i am looking for might be dwarf hairgrass. Anybody using it with goldfish?

I tried them with it once. It became fish food :rofl

The riccia did too :rofl

I'm currently having success with java moss with the goldies. They don't eat it, though they do like to swim through it, ghet caught, then rip it up while escaping. It's growing on the back wall of my tank for a carpet effect.