Sign in to follow this  
seheap

Blustery Winter

Ok I thought I should post pictures from my pond for two reasons.....I haven't really posted any yet! And since it's winter for us in the northern hemisphere it might just give us fond memories of what those summer days were like.... I call this album "Green Water and Rain" hpim0847.jpg Playing with the bubbles hpim0823.jpghpim0824.jpg Lotus blossoms. I had three blooms throughout the summer hpim0861.jpghpim0832.jpghpim0836.jpghpim0848.jpghpim0849.jpghpim0850.jpghpim0851.jpghpim0857.jpghpim0858.jpghpim0859.jpg You can really see the rain in these ones hpim0865.jpghpim0866.jpg

Beautiful! I really like the design and of course, the fish! :heart

Pretty! I bet the fish love it :)

This album is called "The First Months" or "Before the Green Water Took Over"

I eventually got rid of all the water hyacinths because they literally covered the entire surface!

hpim0750.jpg

hpim0749.jpg

hpim0751.jpg

Dragon playing Hide and Seek

hpim0753.jpg

Chimera enjoying a lazy summer day

hpim0752.jpg

hpim0756.jpg

hpim0755.jpg

hpim0754.jpg

hpim0758.jpg

hpim0757.jpg

Phoenix trying to single handedly eat all my plants....

hpim0759.jpg

Wow! That's really beautiful. Was it hard to put together? It looks like you made a frame from paving blocks and lined it with the pond liner if I'm not mistaken. I'd really like to do a pond.

The last album from this summer. I call this one "Lotus and Morning Glories"

Sorry for any repeats.....

hpim0839.jpg

hpim0850.jpg

Rain covered blossoms

hpim0852.jpg

hpim0853.jpg

hpim0854.jpg

My pond, which is located right off my deck (as you can see from previous pictures) is surrounded by morning glories. I bought the morning glory as a mother's day present, and it took over my deck, creating a beautiful backdrop for my pond.

hpim0855.jpg

hpim0856.jpg

hpim0825.jpg

hpim0826.jpg

hpim0827.jpg

hpim0829.jpg

hpim0830.jpg

hpim0831.jpg

Back to the pond

hpim0832.jpg

hpim0835.jpg

Fin.

(Until next summer! :D )

Wow! That's really beautiful. Was it hard to put together? It looks like you made a frame from paving blocks and lined it with the pond liner if I'm not mistaken. I'd really like to do a pond.

Yep, that's exactly what I did. I have an album from the construction, but I think I posted those a while back.....But no it was not difficult at all to put together. My mom and I did it all in one day (with a short break for a summer short thunderstorm. :) )

Gorgeous! I love the pond, plants and fishies! Thanks for sharing those I could almost feel the summer sun and gentle breeze. Sigh...

For some reason, it makes me want to take a bath there. I wouldn't fit though.rolleyes.gif Nice pond!

I love your pond. It is such a nice design, simple yet elegant.

All those lovely flower photos made me almost smell summer, and that's even with the half inch of ice I had on my pond a couple of days ago!

For some reason, it makes me want to take a bath there. I wouldn't fit though.rolleyes.gif Nice pond!

:rofl

Lupin, you are welcome to take a bath in my pond anytime.....I think you'd be a nice addition :newfish

Thanks for all the compliments everyone! This was one of my mom's joint projects with me, and I am sure she will love to hear all the nice words, as well!

I saw these pics on FB, ooh

I want summer, pond days, sitting there listening to the pouring water...

I am really tired of the winter now...

Wow, just beautiful :heart

This is exactly the type of pond I would love in my garden, very relaxing!

Thankyou for sharing! :)

I saw these pics on FB, ooh

I want summer, pond days, sitting there listening to the pouring water...

I am really tired of the winter now...

Me too! It was my longing for sitting beside the pond reading and watching the hummingbirds that made me think "I should post those pictures..."

Its so beautiful Sarah. Thanks for sharing. I love the drops of water close ups. The water looks the perfect color too now.