Sign in to follow this  
dogsbykat

Anyone Else Try To Recruit New Gf Addicts?!

I have fallen so in love with my growing collection of beautiful creatures, that I am actively trying to entice my 2 best friends into getting tanks. They would both make great goldie moms, and would both benefit tremendously from the relaxation aspect of it. Both have shown alot of interest in my tanks, the taming and hand feeding, being responsible for your own little "universe". So it is just me or have you guys done this?

My brother has 12 fish-so I get to check his out too, I haven't tried recruiting.........yet.

No,I have not,BUT that could very well be b/c since I started this venture-I haven't had much human contact :yikes:tomuch:

No,I have not,BUT that could very well be b/c since I started this venture-I haven't had much human contact :yikes:tomuch:

Isn't that funny? I often think that it is a good thing I have a family-otherwise you guys here and LFS people would be my contacts.......

I've noticed that all I talk about is dogs and goldfish...Oh, and happy news stories, I always look for those to share at the salon!

I got my best friend bitten by the fish bug. She started out with one betta in a 2.5 gallon tank and now he's in a twenty gallon with a snail, platies and two dwarf frogs. Hahaha fish take up a large part of our conversations now. We always go to fish stores together and go exploring for new awesome stores together all the time. It's horrible! I think together we've spent enough to buy a zoo. :whatjust:

I don't think I have but my friend admitted if it wasn't for me, he would not have seriously kept goldies more than he did with koi.

i have since I moved back to my home State, I got my best friend whom will be joining the forum some time, into goldfish. Right now I have her empty tank and goldfish at my house until shes is done moving into her boyfriends house :lol

I'm not really a social bunny so I don't really meet new people to intoxicate with goldfish, and my mates are either too busy, too irresponsible, or already have too many pets!

Since joining Kokos I really have become more interested in goldies, and I want more but it will have to wait.

In the meantime I am always talking about my little guy at work and a couple of my coworkers are thinking about getting goldfish now :D I am harping on them that if they only get a 10 gallon tank then they can only have one fish... :rofl

If only there were another goldfish nut here. Everyone I know thinks i'm nuts for doing so much for my Goldies, and for the amount of time I spend at Koko's.

If only there were another goldfish nut here. Everyone I know thinks i'm nuts for doing so much for my Goldies, and for the amount of time I spend at Koko's.

Ditto this! Any goldie lovers in the North East of England?!

I'm sure lots of people think I'm nuts, don't care! I think they're nuts for missing out on the goldie experience :rofl There are NO goldie addicts near here, that I'm aware of.

My friend doesn't own fish but absoultely LOVES them. She'll sit for hours and watch my tanks and I'm all "COME ONNN" :rofl I think she'll probably buy a betta next year for her dorm.

Well my best friend is already into fish, she keeps a community tank and since I've recently gotten into it myself we both have hobbies to share now. It's a relief to have that, lol.

My best friend just got his first goldie tank and is loving it :) he just loved my orandas so much that he had to get some. lol and my other friend and i started doing fish together, so its all her fault :) if she hadnt of said "Hey lets buy some goldfish for our dorm!" i wouldnt have 5 now lol and 3 balloon mollies

I considered it, I have a friend with no pet but had a tank once. Unfortunately she recently said she was happy having no pets so I will keep my mouth shut.

I have passed on my love of the hobby to my husband (took up marine), my parents (took up chichlids and bettas), and many people at work that have joined me (took up bettas and tropicals). The love of goldfish is still my own tho. I still find myself defending these beauties to many that don`t understand these seemingly ``simply`` fish. But thats ok with me. It makes it my own thing. :)

My boyfriend :heart s football too much to have space enough for me AND my goldies in his heart but maybe in the future when we don't live so far apart he will appreciate them more. He says all I think about is babies, fish, tea, food sometimes and cuddly things :D

I wish I had a fellow fish-keeper.

My boyfriend helps out a lot and shows an interest, but it's not the same. I feel like I'm always telling him why something won't work with goldfish. And he never understands why I always want to look at them in pet stores (that could be a shopping thing though; if it's not specifically what he's looking for in any store, he's not going to spend time looking at it).

Then again, if I had somebody just as excited about them as me, I'd probably have a ton of impulse-buy fish.

My hubby has went from no interest in them to helping with water changes so i can't complain at all. Now if he just wouldn't get creeped out by the fish kisses he gets i would have it made. :rofl

I showed my bf's brother a pic of Mariko and Rusty last night and he sounded interested enough to ask what type Mariko was were normally he just goes 'ok nice', this morning he's gone through my entire fish album on facebook and though he's only commented on the backgrounds he's decided to use blue on his tank, and you only use blue for goldies right??? He's got a 20 gallon and was looking for a pair of red cichlids but it looks like the tank is too small for them, I have obviously suggested he get a pair of goldies. Here's hoping Mariko's stolen his heart! I think that picture made him realise why I talk about my goldies all the time...

My hubby has went from no interest in them to helping with water changes so i can't complain at all. Now if he just wouldn't get creeped out by the fish kisses he gets i would have it made. :rofl

Hahaha, my fiance refuses to hand feed because the fish kisses creep him out. I love it :heart !! When we get our own place and I suggest getting a 50 gallon tank he is SO not going to like me anymore :krazy:

Nope mine won't hand feed either. :rofl Big chicken!!