Uhhhh, Okay

clweddell

cute tiny set up !, always make sure that lid is on! haha, i have yet to see mine jump, though luckily i have a lid anyways, but you never know !

I do not think a 2.5g is really that bad although a 5g is a much better choice since it allows space for heater and filter that are appropriate for such.

cute tiny set up !, always make sure that lid is on! haha, i have yet to see mine jump, though luckily i have a lid anyways, but you never know !

Oh, good to know. Lids are good. I didn't know they were such jumpers....thanks!

He was in a 1 gallon triangle tank and I never saw him move much.....he is happy and swimming around tonight! So pretty! I didn't know bettas were so fun!

I do not think a 2.5g is really that bad although a 5g is a much better choice since it allows space for heater and filter that are appropriate for such.

Thanks, L!

I don't think it is horrible.....and hey~he may be upgraded at some point, but I had to do something tonight! AND-the fish budget was spent on the goldies this month already........yes, my sweet man gives me a goldie budget! :heart

Edited by CO_Goldies

It's not that 2.5 are bad but 2.5s that are supposed to be "balanced". In such a small tank the only thing stable is the 100% water changes every week :rofl

Oh, good to know. Lids are good. I didn't know they were such jumpers....thanks!

He was in a 1 gallon triangle tank and I never saw him move much.....he is happy and swimming around tonight! So pretty! I didn't know bettas were so fun!

haha yes i was and still am very excited about my betta. they are chill fish, however they are so much fun ! lol especially when they start flaring their fins

haha yes i was and still am very excited about my betta. they are chill fish, however they are so much fun ! lol especially when they start flaring their fins

I always thought they were boring---but I guess if I was forced to hang out in a cup, I wouldn't do much either! The cat loves him!

i would jump out of the cup if i were bored, so maybe theres their reasoning. haha, and i could imagine the cats, maybe waiting for it to jump. LOL your betta is prob thinking "you cant have me yet buddy! :P " OH, and what did you name it? or was it named? or renamed?

It's not that 2.5 are bad but 2.5s that are supposed to be "balanced". In such a small tank the only thing stable is the 100% water changes every week rofl3.gif

Depends on the person's lifestyle. If it permits that, it's not really an issue. I'd do more than just 100% water change a week. It seems inadequate for that tank size but I see things differently sometimes and would prefer to do more water changes than a week for tanks that small.

It's not that 2.5 are bad but 2.5s that are supposed to be "balanced". In such a small tank the only thing stable is the 100% water changes every week rofl3.gif

Depends on the person's lifestyle. If it permits that, it's not really an issue. I'd do more than just 100% water change a week. It seems inadequate for that tank size but I see things differently sometimes and would prefer to do more water changes than a week for tanks that small.

You know-I change water on a daily basis-so it won't be that big deal to do it as often as I need.....heck-what is this tank compared to all the others?

As for a name-his name WAS Mr. Fish....thinking we will do something else.....not sure what yet.

I think it is much easier to keep the water clean with a bare bottom tank. Use a kitchen suction tool to suck out waste:)

I kept mine alive for three years like that.

I had two or three side by side for their mental stimulation they were not upset by that.

Don't forget a lid, they jump out.

Edited by Texana

I was hoping you'd say that, Chandra.heartpump.gif I know you're a housemom so I figured pointing that one to others justifies why a 2.5g is not really that bad of an idea at all despite some totally opposing it.

You know-I change water on a daily basis-so it won't be that big deal to do it as often as I need.....heck-what is this tank compared to all the others?

As for a name-his name WAS Mr. Fish....thinking we will do something else.....not sure what yet.

if your asking to waht other set ups this is being compared to.. heres mine.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/81170-when-i-get-a-divider/page__pid__908006__st__0entry908006

and i think you do need a name change.. LOL

I think it is much easier to keep the water clean with a bare bottom tank. Use a kitchen suction tool to suck out waste:)

I kept mine alive for three years like that.

I totally get that bare bottom thing....both my QT's are bare....but he matches the red rocks so nicely! :painting:

I was hoping you'd say that, Chandra.heartpump.gif I know you're a housemom so I figured pointing that one to others justifies why a 2.5g is not really that bad of an idea at all despite some totally opposing it.

:exactly I don't want to minimize what I do during the day-BUT, I do have time throughout MOST days for a quick water change......it is called naptime. Moms around the world have learned to do A LOT during that special time of day!!!!

What a neat set up you have going there! Just two suggestions: first, look into getting him an under-gravel heater, they sit flat on the bottom of the tank (or container :) ) and will help keep his home nice and comfy, and second, I wouldn't leave the heavy glass lid on, I'd worry about the tank getting stagnant, maybe you could fashion something out of hardware cloth or mesh of some sort to keep him in and other things out?

Yeah, I think the heater is a good idea. Chandra I work at Pet$mart and we sell one there that is real small and flat that you can hide under the gravel. I think it's like around $10 or so? Not too bad! :)

That's so exciting that you got a betta! Keep us posted with plenty of pics as always! ;)

Thanks for all the info! I will look into that heater-don't want to take away space and that sounds great.....

and I was wondering about the lid too-there is actually a little hose that the back of the lid is sitting on, so it is at a tiny tilt-I didn't want to close it up all the way.

And as I look at the pics, it does look smaller than it is.....here is a better picture of the size...no close ups. This is Wasabi checking out the new guy....he was all flared up!

IMG_3553.jpg

IMG_3560.jpg

Very nice set up and I love the fish. I have a couple of female bettas and I cover the top of their bowls with hairnets. I get them at the dollar store and you can adjust them so they fit snugly. I have learnt though not to fill the water right up at the top cause as others have said they jump and they can jump pretty high. One trick you can do until you get a heater is to wrap a thick towel around his container at night that helps keep the temp stable. :)

i have bettas!!! im alsoo on ultimatebettas.com with the same name...lol sorry just had to drop by

I will check that out.....thanks, again!