Sign in to follow this  
devadair

Update On Oranda

Ok so here's a vid:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Sjhe1xFAoNw

Notice the white spot coming out of his gill? There are two spots attached to eachother trailing out. Parasite?

He doesn't seem to be doing much better/worse on his 4th day of prazi treatment but I suppose that's a good thing. He still tries to eat too but not very well.

Also, I'm starting to notice twitching and rushing in the fish in the main tank...

Im trying to watch the video but it won't let me.. I don't know if its a problem with the link or a problem with my computer? I tried clicking on it from your other thread and it says the video is private.

I just read through your other thread and I see you have started prazi on the QT tank but not the main tank. I would def do it on the main tank as well!!!!!

I'm sorry I can't really see anything... Can someone else???

I feel like I see a little spot coming out from the wen that looks like it could be wen growth.

Can u describe the spots better? Are they long? Or just a speck? Is the area red around them? Where exactly are they coming from..

I'm sorry I can't really see anything... Can someone else???

I feel like I see a little spot coming out from the wen that looks like it could be wen growth.

Can u describe the spots better? Are they long? Or just a speck? Is the area red around them? Where exactly are they coming from..

No redness and it's coming from right under the cap of his wen...it's a fuzzy sort of white spot and it kind of trails off from his head, kind of like it's attached by a thread..

I can see it- looks like a white stringy thing. If you pause it at about 11 seconds that's the clearest shot of it.

Okay then I think I did what u are talking about..

It's possible it could be some kind of parasite (anchor worm comes to mind as a small possibility) BUT being so close to the wen it COULD simply be odd wen growth. I have seen some very strange looking pimples, or white spots on the wen that u would SWEAR was a bad thing and it goes away in a few days and it was just normal wen growth.

Are there any more spots starting or just that one still. Is it changing or growing? How is his behavior? Is he still swimming well?

I can't see the video well either even at 11 seconds! How frustrating.

Dev, here's a good example of how anchorworms look like. Does it look like this one?

anchorworms3.jpg

If you see some more sores in various areas, do not confuse them with possible bacterial infection if you already suspect earlier parasites are somehow involved. I had one goldfish, Cassidy whose sore turned 5x the normal size inflicted by an anchorworm on her caudal peduncle. I removed the parasite with a tweezer and treated for parasites. The pus miraculously disappeared after a few days leaving no signs it had been there before.

I put him back in the main tank thinking to treat them all. It's so sad because the fish that I bought with him has been laying next to him and trying to get him to swim. All of the other fish seem perfectly healthy but ol' blackie just seems to be having some sort of swimming problem. He acts like his back is broken or something, he eats and tries to swim but gets tired and floats back to the bottom...feh idk

Okay so I took him back out of the main and back into QT because he was getting picked on. Started treatment with .1% salt and he seems to be doing a lotttt better. Swimming a lot more and even trying to eat. Hopefully this will fix it :D

Were u able to look at the photo Lupin posted and see if that is ANYTHING like the white thing coming out of ur fish? Is that spot still there?

Swimming more and trying to eat is very good! I'm so glad to hear it!!!