Black Oranda Bully

indoxsmokez

Oh my gosh!!!!!!! createphpidcyan_verdana_1_2_IWantTh.gif That is the sweetest goldie ever!!! :heart:heart That settled it. I've tried to steer away from black goldies because they have a tendency to change colors but you changed my mind. It's worth a try when they are that precious even for a while. :D

In that second photo it looks like he's covered in white spots. Is it just the photo, or is he like that in real life?

yup its nasty ich..=/

In that second photo it looks like he's covered in white spots. Is it just the photo, or is he like that in real life?

Yikes! Good spot! That looks like ich! Are you salting the tank Indox? You'll need to to get rid of that...it's horrible, I hates it! Aquarium salt is the best treatment and you'll need to do the whole tank. It might also explain his aggression, if he's got ich in his gills then it's bound to make him grouchy.

That oranda is gorgeous and he's so tiny! Cute!

not yet but i read the salting article that was in TRINKET's signature...and im going to get some salt today (if i can find it)

i know i love his small face!

Yeah, ich is exactly what I was thinking. Do you know how to salt up to .3% indoxsmokez? You need to kick this parasite or it will kill your fish fast. :(

Above you mentioned that you're currently treating them all with PC tabs? That is supposed to treat ich, but many people here think salt is much more gentle and effective. I hope a moderator or helper sees this soon to help you out with the specifics! In the meantime, you might want to get a heater so you can raise the temp and kill the ich off faster.

u know thats funny because..on the PC box..it doesnt say ich...it says all the other parasites..but yea i wonder why the box doenst say so...and in my other post, with the help of others, ill hopefully get this salting thing down

It's definitely ich. I'd use the aquarium salt for that.

As far as breeding tubes on fins and cheeks go....My big oranda indica has both but a lot of the times the ones on his face will fade out and come back. if the fish has them on the fins then he is a male...are you sure the other one is male as well...if it is a female that may be why the oranda is chasing the other fish. Lovely guy buy the way....good luck with the ick hun:)

o ok thanks..well the 2 black orandas DEF has the breeding stars on the leading pectoral fin ray..it was easier to spot cause theyre black i guess

Oh my gosh!!!!!!! createphpidcyan_verdana_1_2_IWantTh.gif That is the sweetest goldie ever!!! :heart:heart That settled it. I've tried to steer away from black goldies because they have a tendency to change colors but you changed my mind. It's worth a try when they are that precious even for a while. :D

the bigger black one is already losing his color with a LOT of reddish-orange.even the small one you can start to see light light gold..buti agree they look so freaking cool that its worth it!