Wounded Oranda

Desiree

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd give an update on my lil' lady! She's still in her quarantine tank, currently at 0.3% salt and I am happy to say she is alive and well! Her wen and fins are healing rather nicely! Only thing is her back fin has a pretty bad break in it that has been very red since the incident. It doesn't seem to be healing, though I'm holding out hope it will with time. :)

The boy has been sulking in his tank since I isolated her. Seriously, he just bottom sits in the far corner of the tank which strangely is in the direction her quarantine tank is in. It's like he's staring at her from afar. I picture him longingly singing "Somewhere Out There" from American Tail (aka Fievel!). I'm actually getting a bit worried about him to be quite honest. :(

I think so. Once she's 100% I'm going to invest in a divider and give it a try. He's awfully big, so I feel bad confining him to less space-- but I think it will be for the best, especially after what happened!