Ryukin Fry

jayne

You can post me a fry Lupin! rofl3.gif

I wouldn't mind if you weren't so far.doh11.gif

Hey! I found some new tubs at a discount but didn't buy them yet because I hadn't planned yet where to put them or they'll be scattered around my house again.oops.gif I need to clean up my pile of extra bottles of meds, etc to pave space.rofl3.gif

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can post me a fry Lupin! rofl3.gif

I wouldn't mind if you weren't so far.:doh11:

I'm honoured you'd trust me with one of your babies ;) Just don't trust the postal guys :(

Think I'm gonna have a fish stuff purge today...I have like 30kg of gravel going spare in various cupboards...some of it's still damp so really needs drying out :doh11:

LOL! I SHOULD have disposed the extra stuff long ago including my old heater but er...I am sometimes sentimental over a few old things, whether living or not.ignore.gif Okay okay...I just need to will myself into doing this or I'll never keep everything neat and in order...sigh...

LOL! I SHOULD have disposed the extra stuff long ago including my old heater but er...I am sometimes sentimental over a few old things, whether living or not.ignore.gif Okay okay...I just need to will myself into doing this or I'll never keep everything neat and in order...sigh...

You will feel better once you see all the space you have made Lupin!

Jayne I just want to visit your fry haha I can't have one though :'( :cry1

A day trip indeed hehehehe

xxx

When I went to bed last night all the fry were looking healthy,happy and fat.When I checked them this morning there were about 20+ dead bodies in the tank. The water conditions remain excellent and I cannot see any signs of illness at all.I know that the 3 - 4 week period is a critical time,but I am at a loss to pinpoint what is happening.I only feed 'safe' foods,and my water changing routine is unchanged.All the equipment used on the fry tank is exclusively for them.

I am treating for flukes as a precaution,and also fin rot.Any advice would be gratefully received.

Oh no! That's terrible news, hun.:(

Any unusual signs you see at the moment with the remaining survivors? Are they similar in size or is there a large discrepancy between sizes?

Oh no, Jayne! All fry gone?cry3.gif

I have trouble trying to pin down what exactly caused the wipeout.

Here are the factors that could possibly cause a wipeout.

1. Heater malfunction.

2. Temperature swing (with or without heater).

3. pH crash.

4. Toxic contaminants.

5. Sudden ammonia and nitrite spike.

6. Loss of oxygen.

7. Grounding of electricity.

8. Sudden surge of hydrogen sulfide/nitrogen gas.

I know you considered the water conditions and temperature and they couldn't be the ones but I just thought I'd list down the possibilities. It may help us recall a few more suspected causes.unsure.gif

• 2 weeks later...