Ryukin Fry

jayne

I have posted about this previously on the photo forum but as the babies are hatching I thought I'd start a new thread.

My 2 largest ryukins spawned the other day.It was a bit unexpected as it's a bit early in the year,but I decided to collect some eggs to see if they were fertile.

I have woken this morning to a few little splinters on the side of the tank,so looks like I'll be setting up the brine shrimp hatcher today biggrin.gif

First pic is mommy(calico) and daddy (white/red)

ryukin007.jpg

Now for the fun bit - please don't laugh at my lack of photographic skills biggrin.gif

Spot the fry lol!!

fry015.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have my blessings, Sarah. As a goldfish enabler, I impart to you more blessings that you will end up with more tanks and fish more than you can handle.

Are you going to regret my blessings soon?jtmuch.gif

I love your ryukins, Jayne! Meaty chubbers. That's an awesome bloodline.paniobanana.gif

Your Mommy calico ryukin is quite the most stunning ryukin I have seen in years. Well since Daryl's Sterling to be exact. She is absolutely breathtaking. Wow, good luck raising the fry- is it your(their lol) first batch?

You have my blessings, Sarah. As a goldfish enabler, I impart to you more blessings that you will end up with more tanks and fish more than you can handle.

Are you going to regret my blessings soon?jtmuch.gif

Gee thanks...I think :S I have enough trouble with one tank of goldies and another small one with minnows! I'm already thinking of upgrading the minnows to a ten gallon as they're reaching 1 1/2 inches and their tank is tall rather than long. No more goldies until I'm living somewhere longer than one year at a time please!!! Maybe when I finish uni I'll buy myself another tank as a 'you survived!' present, until then, I need a removal van to move all my pets anyway! I have four hamster cages, one big fish tank and currently two small ones with all the accessories that go with it!

Your Mommy calico ryukin is quite the most stunning ryukin I have seen in years. Well since Daryl's Sterling to be exact. She is absolutely breathtaking. Wow, good luck raising the fry- is it your(their lol) first batch?

Thanks on behalf of my girl for the compliments.

This is their first batch but not mine lol!

Yea babies! :goodluck I hope one of these days i am a goldies grandma. Congratulations!!!!! :happydance Post your fry pic right here My linkhttp://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/71570-medals/page__st__50 And ask Koko for your breeding goldies medal.

I can't wait to see them grow up. I really need to find a bigger tank than I've currently found so I can steal one! I'm all excited now and they're only specks...I've never had a 'breeder' fish before rofl3.gif Grow-grow-grow little speckies!!!

WOW!! That is so cool. My fish haven't even shown spawning anything! I hope it all goes well......too bad you are across the pond!!

Speckyspeckyspeckyspeckies! I want a speckie! :D I wish I could raise fry, but I have this odd ability to pick female fish, I've only had one male fish and he died of worms months and months and months ago. Rusty is too small to tell properly but I think I see a nub...want a male speckie so then I can maybe have ryukin/oranda cross specks! :D