Sign in to follow this  
benandjamie22

The Four Newest Additions To The Mohr Home:)

Ok guys there are quite a few pics so don't say i didn't warn you! These guys had their first prazi treatment on Saturday and they all reacted to it by geing lathargic and gasping at the top of the tank so i'm positive that they were loaded with flukes...the next day they were absolutely fine. They are getting a round of parisite clear for the next 48 hours and then another round of prazi. The moor has a white "fluffy" looking spot on his dorsal so next week they will all be dosed with fungus clear. After that one more round of prazi and salt for the rest of the QT:) I love the crap out of them I hope you enjoy the pics!

This is my new perfect little chocolate

NewFish001.jpg

here he is again:

NewFish002.jpg

This is Poseidon my awesome moor (he's the only one that i've named so far) see the silver gill cover and silver stripe...love it

NewFish003.jpg

Here is Ben's crown pearlscale...he is actually mostly green but on both sides of his belly he has a chocolate bronze color starting!!

NewFish004.jpg

This is the new red cap that i freakin adore...her wen is growing non stop as if it wasn't big enough he he

NewFish005.jpg

NewFish006.jpg

NewFish007.jpg

NewFish008.jpg

NewFish009.jpg

NewFish010.jpg

NewFish011.jpg

NewFish013.jpg

NewFish014.jpg

NewFish015.jpg

NewFish016.jpg

NewFish017.jpg

NewFish018.jpg

NewFish019.jpg

NewFish020.jpg

NewFish021.jpg

NewFish022.jpg

NewFish024.jpg

They are all such beauties!! But i would snatch that red cap in a heartbeat. And i never liked them so much before. Congratulations!

They are all very beautiful. The Red-cap....WOW what a wen!

he he thanks guys...i can't pick a fave i really do love them all! I'm thinking of naming the little chocolate Junior (i loving memory of muddy buddy the handicap chocolate that i lost about a month or so ago) and the red cap Moyah what do you guys think?

YOU STOLE MY RUSTY!!!!! (Now that I've got that off my chest) Seriously, they could almost be twins! Be warned your little chocolate will probably not stay that colour! Mine started off darker but this week has decided he wants to be a caramel oranda and has lightened up a lot, I really want to know what colour he'll turn out.

Your moor is GORGEOUS, that white patch is so distinctive and I love the name, very regal :)

That little pearlscale is very unusual looking, I've never seen one that colour except as fry, how big is he?

The red-cap has some very cool markings too!

Is that everyone???

They're going to look great with your current fishies, I bet you can't wait to get them in the big tank!

It is going to be so much fun to see what colors you really have.

They all look great.

I KNOW dude...when i saw him i thought of you but i needed another chocolate ha ha....he's the exact same color as muddy buddy was so i'm pretty sure he's a true chocolate...we will see. Either way his body conformation and fins are perfect so i don't care...as long as he doesn't turn orange or yellow!! I have enough orange in my tank with indica's huge butt in there and citrus is starting to turn all yellow like her brother the little turd!

The pearlscale is about an inch and a half or so...i'm thiking she's going to turn the same color as Junior as the bronze markings are the same color as Junior's darkest chocolate (i've decided to name my chocolate junior after muddy).

I'm in LOVE with my moor he white isn't white...they are shiny SILVER scales and they are really really neat looking! I've been wanting a moor since i realized i had some fish to replace (RIP babies) but i haven't ever seen one that met my standards and low and behold there was poseidon...he was MINE he he. I think he may be visually impaired but i don't care i love him!

My red cap is beautiful, I can't really put it any other way...I love her mustache and the two patches of red on her as well...he has white fuz all over her wen as it is growing everywhere it's awesome!

Oh god i can't wait to get them in the 75 gallon but i'm going to be patient...I don't want anything to happen to my remaining three fish that live in there...they don't need to go through anything else and frankly neither do I lol. I'm taking extra percautions with qt-ing them hense the parisite and fungus clear treatments lol. But i got a new (to me) 20gallon qt tank..had a nice filter and an airstone in it and they seem REALLY happy in there even though it's over stocked by two fish...it's only temporary and it's a lot bigger than all of them are used to and way less crowded. They are all getting along greatly too..I couldn't be happier right now!

My new fave LFS has 5 inch lionheads on order for me and they just heard back from the fish farm over the weekend and they will be ready and shipped sometime after the first of this year so it shold work out nicely...hopefully this batch will be in the big tank right in time for me to get me some lionheads....i want a calico...it will complete my collection!

Love them! That moor is bada**! How little is that oranda? SO cute! Nice picks!!!

OMG!OMG!OMG!!!I love them all :) That red cap is awesome :) and the moor beautiful,and jr after your beloved muddy buddy just wanted to cry when i read that :) but your hubby's green guy :) I love love love him!!!!!Congrats on all your new babies,May the goldfish goddesses shine on you!!!!

Super stunning NEW fishies MrsMohr! I am so happy for you :D ! Hope they are cheering you up no end! All beauties, I don't have a favourite just love em all! :heart

They're all sooooo cute! I'm so happy for you, you deserve such super awesome fishies after all the drama in your tank! I LOVE the red cap so much, what an amazing big bubbly wen! :heart

WOW! You got some real beauties there, Jamie! I literally broke out in a huge grin when I saw Junior's pics -- he has those cute cheeks and that sassy oranda attitude (you can tell even in photos!). And the lipstick on the red-cap? EXQUISITE!

I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear how they do. I'm sure you're right that they were loaded with flukes because of their reaction to the Prazi. Your QT procedure should kill every last cootie in and on them. Go girl!

I'm so happy for you!!!!

I KNOW dude...when i saw him i thought of you but i needed another chocolate ha ha....he's the exact same color as muddy buddy was so i'm pretty sure he's a true chocolate...we will see. Either way his body conformation and fins are perfect so i don't care...as long as he doesn't turn orange or yellow!! I have enough orange in my tank with indica's huge butt in there and citrus is starting to turn all yellow like her brother the little turd!

I hate to tell you but I would be willing to bet the farm (had I one) that he is going to be orange (the pearlie too), I can already see it peering through. It's the famous problem with buying young goldfish or even older goldfish really :rofl

But he has a really nice shape and should fatten up into a gorgeous oranda! I also love, love, love your red cap he has a fantastic wen!! What lovlies you have!!

I KNOW dude...when i saw him i thought of you

Haha thanks, I am flattered! To my knowledge noone has thought of me while fish shopping before!

We can have a backwards race to see who's keeps their brown colour the longest :rofl I was hoping to have such a race with someone who was looking at getting a chocolate oranda (Kymie maybe?) and they chose a blind ranchu instead! Rusty was most upset, he wanted to win! Unfortunately while Rusty might have the cutest little crown and podgy belly he doesn't have perfect fins, he has a single anal fin that is so long that when he's ill and fin clamps it sticks up out the top of his tail, I've had to give him a few second-glances when that's happened, there's this odd round growth coming out the top of his tail! I think Junior beats him on conforming to oranda standards!

How big is Junior?

I should loot this one.

NewFish018.jpg

What a beautiful collection of cuties...I have some secret favorites among them but I won't tell you because I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings.

LOVELY fish! i just bought a tinyyy chocolate oranda today ( mom made me do it! haha) i am terrified he is going to turn orange!

I have a redcap with a huge wen just like yours! except her name is poseidon haha she is my baby! VERY spoiled fish!

OMG!!!!!!!!

They are SOOOO SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! I am so happy for you! They are all adorable. The red/white one is simply perfect!

Looks like you're gonna be keeping hubby around a little longer huh?!

(It's sad when you're a fish addict and the most romantic thing you're man can buy you is a fish or fish supplies. Last year Shane bought me gift certificates so I could buy pythons.. Not flowers, not candy... PYTHONS! And it was the BEST present EVER!!!!!!! lol

The kind of things girls are romantic about instead of traditional presents such as love letters, flowers, chocolates and balloons.ignore.gif When I was in my teenage years, I gave my crush a Valentines of chocolate, letters, flowers and balloons. Heh, I have no girlfriend until now.