I Need Prazi Directions For New Fish

Wendy

So somewhere I read directions for using PraziPro that are different than the bottle. I think I want to treat my new fish plus my fish that I have had for three months ...just in case.

I do several rounds of 3 days on/2 days off. In other words, add Prazi to the tank, wait three days, do a water change. Do not re-add Prazi. Wait 2 more days. Repeat.

I usually do this for at least the first 3 weeks of quarantine. It's such a gentle medication that it's not harmful to treat repeatedly, and this way I know I'm catching flukes and other baddies as they go through their life cycle (Prazi doesn't work on eggs, for example, so by treating on a 3/2 schedule, those eggs can hatch and THEN get killed by the Prazi).

(Prazi doesn't work on eggs, for example, so by treating on a 3/2 schedule, those eggs can hatch and THEN get killed by the Prazi).

The 3/2 schedule works very well....Also, raise the temperature of the tank (i'd say to 78 or even 80 degrees), so the eggs hatch faster...In colder water, the eggs can take as long as 30 days to hatch, but when in warmer water, it takes 2 to 3 days.....I had a really bad outbreak of flukes a year ago, and it actually took 30 days of treatment. I was using aqua prazi which is stronger then prazi pro....Flukes are by far one of the toughest parasites to get rid of...But don't give up!

• 3 weeks later...

feeding stays the same with prazi treatment right?

Yes. You can feed as usual. You can actually do everything the same as you would normally. Prazi is very mild. You can even salt the tank with Prazi in it.