My 3 New Fishes

apocraphya

Alistair bought me 3 new fishes yesterday for my tank. DJ unfortunately passed away and I gave Skoot away to a friend who has a biorb and knows about dwarf puffers. Skoot wasn't doing too well in the big tank and I didn't know what else to do.

I didn't want to have a beautiful tank being empty so Alistair and I went to our lfs and I fell in love with these guys. I eventually came up with names about an hour or so after getting them settled into their new home.

Here are my new additions to our household:

This is Puddles

ff32a3ca.jpg

This is Peaches

90c87d27.jpg

and this is Kai

89e673cb.jpg

Love them! I bet they look great together! I love the white on Peaches.....but Kai is really cute too! And the white on Puddles is gorgeous.....so glad you didn't have to choose from them!!!! :Congrats:

Here are some more pics of my new babies

Puddles

a7403904.jpg

Kai with a bit of Peaches

edefd458.jpg

Peaches

a4f51aa5.jpg

Kai has a tendency for mouth to be going ten a penny after feeding time, eating everything in site no matter how small. Maybe I should've used hoover as a name instead.......lol. I've never seen a fishes mouth go so fast after being fed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mike and Linda

Alistair bought me 3 new fishes yesterday for my tank. DJ unfortunately passed away and I gave Skoot away to a friend who has a biorb and knows about dwarf puffers. Skoot wasn't doing too well in the big tank and I didn't know what else to do.

I didn't want to have a beautiful tank being empty so Alistair and I went to our lfs and I fell in love with these guys. I eventually came up with names about an hour or so after getting them settled into their new home.

This is Puddles

ff32a3ca.jpg

This is Peaches

90c87d27.jpg

and this is Kai

89e673cb.jpg

Nice pics. What brand of camera did you use. I am looking for a decent one for my fish?? Do you use a heater in your tank if so what temp. Mike

Edited by Mike and Linda

This is Puddles

ff32a3ca.jpg

This is Peaches

90c87d27.jpg

and this is Kai

89e673cb.jpg

Nice pics. What brand of camera did you use. I am looking for a decent one for my fish?? Do you use a heater in your tank if so what temp. Mike

We use a finepix SF8000D digital slr camera and most pics are taken with macro. I use a rena heater that we got when I bought Alistairs rena tank and have it set to 20 degrees.

Guest Mike and Linda

Thanks for the info. I have 2 fantails and 1 Ryukin and 1 Ranchu Lionhead and When I did not use a heater my fish would swim good and now they rest a lot when I had my heat turned up so I am turning it back down to 70. I would like to know what filtration do you use and how many gph? I have 40 g and 3 Aqua clear filters with 550 gph I was just curious to see if maybe I have to much filtration and to much current maybe. Thanks again Mike

Your fish are really good looking and look very healthy.

This is my setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U00Qg8_izrA

Edited by Mike and Linda

I have a 39 us gallon tank with an eheim ecco 2036 external filter 750 lph (198 gph) and an eheim 130 aquaball which does 550 lph (145 gph). At the moment I am only currently running 8.5 times filtration but I find that I can get away with this due to the great results I've had with the Eheim canister. If I was using any other type of filter I would definately go for the 10 times filtration rule of thumb. Your fish should be fine with your over filtration as long as there are some areas of the tank where they can get out of the current.

This is how I have my tank at the moment

573eab5f.jpg

Guest Mike and Linda

Nice setup. I am thinking of removing the Aqua clear 30 and just keeping the 2 50's 400 gph. They seem much more livelier since I have dropped the temp. I am at 72 now and tomorrow I will drop to 69. Then i will see how they are. I really believe that goldfish need the cooler water not warmer because of oxygen. Thanks again for your info take care Michael.