Sign in to follow this  
jsrtist

This Is Why I'M Not Allowed In Pet Stores?

Because I find things I can't live without! I went to visit JD at the pet store last night while I was out running errands. I asked if they had any goldfish and he said, "NO!" and tried to distract me from going back there. (The whole back wall is lined with goldfish tanks!)

Most of them were, as usual, doing poorly (since I don't work there anymore, no one cares about the goldfish like I did). Most had fungus, anchorworm or possible septicemia. There was a tank of tiny, tiny calico telescopes (one of my huge weaknesses) and immediately one tiny baby stood out to me.

Next thing I knew, he was in a Qtank in my bathroom! Funny how that happens. He's so bitty that even my small power filter was too much for him, so I'm using a sponge filter instead. Eventually he'll be JunJie's friend in the 20 long! :)

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

OMG!!!I want a calico Tele ;) It's the cutest and tinest one I have seen :) Congrats on the new addition :) :) Have you thought of a Name yet??

I haven't yet and I'm terrible at names! It took me a week to name my rat and several weeks to name my cat! For now this guy is Tiny Calico. Haha, that's probably going to stick!

He is CUTE!!!!

Wow he is gorgeous!! I've recently discovered that my local PetsUnsmart has three HUGE orandas (A sliver, a white and a calico) And I wish I had the space to buy them. My favorite LFS has many more varieties though.

I saw what they called lionheads today....I don't know enough to know if they were ranchus or lions, but they were CUTE and tiny! I was tempted for sure! But I really gotta wait! I have three new buys since Dec 4th, and gotta settle it all down......maybe in the New Year!

awww Jen give me please. the little one so reminds me of my old calico telescope Hoover :)

Hes adorable congrats

Oh my gosh!! It is adorable. I think Tiny is a perfect name.

LOL And I'm supposed to be downsizing. I lost several of my favorite fish this year and took down my 100 gallon. Now I have several smaller tanks set up, and I'll probably set the 100 back up when I move.

I usually go to Chinatown in San Francisco once a year to go goldie shopping too. I guess I probably shouldn't do that this year, huh?

That is the tiniest, cutest little calico tele I've ever seen! Congratulations!

And yeah, stay away from Pet Central/Hung Ming in SF if you don't want to come home with enough fish to overflow your 100 gallon. I was there a few months ago and it was torture! (But as always, so fun to see all the beautiful fish.)

omg i see why he ended up in your qt tank...sooo cute!

Definitely a cutie pie!:) Are you getting more goldies on Christmas, Jsrtist?:D

Wow...adorable. I like the name Tiny Tim...especially with the holidays. And since I have an empty space when everyone is well, I may have to goldfish shop in San Francisco. I like that plan!

What a great find, he/she is really cute. About the name .....hmmmm...how about Spec!

Oo telescopes are the cutest, I :heart him!