Grunting Fish?

trundlecat

Would be interested to know if anyone else has grunting common goldfish or if it's a talent only mine have developed. I have no idea how they make the noise, they must be forcing water out from somewhere. Hubby noticed it a few weeks ago, they incorporated it into their begging for breakfast routine that he gets every morning (hard stares, slapping the water & picking up then blowing gravel at the tank sides to make a clatter). I thought he was going mad but this morning I heard them doing it myself. I have ruled out filter noise btw, the sounds are definitely coming from the 2 fish (huge 4.5 year old commons).

Thanks,

TC

Isn't it lovely we have another proof goldfish have personalities?rofl3.gif We can now tell the idiots goldfish have personalities and not the contrary. It seems very interesting. I had loaches and catfishes that would grunt, click or croak so it's possible goldfish can do it if they learn well how.:)