Sushi Has A Problem

Anielynn

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to check in and say hi. Hugs to you.

Thank you and good morning to you. It does mean a lot to me to know that you guys are there and care how we are coming along. :heart:heart:heart

Steph, any liquid garlic should work. Hope all goes well.heartpump.gif

Thanks for the info. It will make finding something easier.

Holy crud steph i DID miss a thread...duh i don't know how i did..it's a hot topic! I'm so sorry about your baby...how's he doing today hun?! Hugs!!!

Yea,it has been going on a while hasn't it. His tank is still covered. I'm not quite ready to start that part of my day yet. :( But i did peak in on him and he is resting on the bottom still sleeping i think. I was very relieved because i just wasn't sure if he was going to make it through the night or not. I will post later and let everyone know how he is acting.

Edited by Anielynn

Just wanted to stop by and send you big hugs. I regularly check in to see how you and Sushi are doing but I butt out since I can't offer any useful advice. But I did want you to know I hope Sushi pulls through this because you sure are doing an extraordinary job with him. :heart:heart

Thank you. :) He's not doing too well today. :( I gave him a water change today too see if that would help and he didn't enjoy it at all. He seems scared of everything that moves. And i can't get him to eat. I think he is worse since that dose of Metromeds yesterday. Though i don't know why.I have put some thought into it. He ate his own food yesterday morning. He came running for it. Not real spunky but very responsive. Then a couple of hours later the meds came. So i dropped some in and he grabbed one. And has went down hill ever since. From floating,to darting and scared and needing the lights off. All in the matter of a few hours. And he won't eat today even with the garlic. His lights are off and i have a towel over half of the tank. And thats where he stays.

Edited by Anielynn

Stephie I'm so sorry you're having to go through this :( I have been popping in but like Edith have no clue as to what's going on and what might help. I really hope the fish faerie waves her magic wand over the tank and makes everything better again.

Thinking of you :(

Thank you. Part of what makes this so hard is i don't know what is going on with him. He looks like it is healing on the outside so it is all on the inside. And i'm lost. I don't know if there is something else i am supposed to be doing to cure him. Or making him comfortable until he passes on. Or making preparations to put him out of this pain. And it is a fish and he can't even understand me when i am telling him how desperately sorry i am for not being able to fix him. :cry1:cry1:cry1 So i have to tell you guys and i know i sound like a total dork but my god i love this fish.

You are definately not a dork, sweetie. I know exactly how you feel. I do think this can internalize. That is the only thing that makes sense to me since both my fish were healing fine on the outside. I wish I would tell you what the bloody poo means. The only thing I can think is that Sushi swallowed something and the stress of that caused the ulcer, but that is a total shot in the dark. And probably not likely. Keep us posted. I think if Sushi is ready he will let go on his own, but fish can come back fighting mad sometimes. The hard thing about this is that it really depends on the immune system of the particular fish and we have no way to know how that is for them until something like this hits them and they have to try and fight it.