Look At The Oranda I Didn'T Buy

clweddell

So-went to Pestmart to get a background, and saw the fish again. I have seen her/him for a few weeks now, and am kinda thinking it would be a beautiful addition?

I mean, the big guy has been there for weeks and still looks pretty good, that is a good sign right? I usually buy babies, but he is so pretty!

They aren't great pics, because it is my phone~but he is a steel gray color--really pretty. Always swimming around......just stare at him like I did. I think the teens working there thought I was weird.

Keep in mind, I have NOT ONE wen wearer in my fish fam! He would be my first of his kind!

imagejpeg_2_3.jpg

1260577001030imagejpeg_2.jpg

Okay....

Go get your keys, put them in the ignition and drive like you have never drove before! I would snatch him up before some "inexperienced" person does!

He's toooo beautiful!

Edited by Sushi13

Oh, you should ABSOLUTELY go for it if you can! He's gorgeous. And I've been thinking that we need to sway you over to the wenned side for a while now!

Headgrowth is super-fun. It's always morphing and changing and you just can't beat the puppy-dog chubby cheeks, "wearin'-my-brain-on-the-outside" look of a good wen. He's a beauty! And if he's a larger goldie, he's more likely to retain that spectacular color for you (if he's a steel gray color, then he's a blue oranda -- which is on my list of must-have-before-I-die goldfish. If I encounter a nice one at my LFS, it's coming home with me regardless of whether I have space or not!).

Go go go!

We aren't good people to show fish to if you didn't plan to buy it! lol I say go for it! He is a beauty! I was drooling over a white oranda at Pet$mart for about 2 months, then my sister bought him, and now he's in my QT in my bedroom where I get to stare at him all day. :)

Edited by ConverseWithMyConverse

I knew I would hear/read what I wanted to read/hear on here. Thanks!

I have been eyeing him for weeks.......and then went into the other Pestmart and thought he was gone and was sincerely bummed. But then tonight realized I was just in the wrong location! So, next question........my QT is only 10 gallon. It that really big enough????? I mean, he is in a tiny cube now with two others, so it would actually be HUGE to him. And it would only be for a few weeks? Right?

I will go tomorrow, I am hoping he is still there. I am not a impulsive fish buyer.....my decisions are sometimes overly painstaking.

My husband is rolling his eyes as I made him read all your posts! :rolleyes:

I may need one or two more encouraging posts! :P

Chandra

I knew I would hear/read what I wanted to read/hear on here. Thanks!

I have been eyeing him for weeks.......and then went into the other Pestmart and thought he was gone and was sincerely bummed. But then tonight realized I was just in the wrong location! So, next question........my QT is only 10 gallon. It that really big enough????? I mean, he is in a tiny cube now with two others, so it would actually be HUGE to him. And it would only be for a few weeks? Right?

I will go tomorrow, I am hoping he is still there. I am not a impulsive fish buyer.....my decisions are sometimes overly painstaking.

My husband is rolling his eyes as I made him read all your posts! rolleyes.gif

I may need one or two more encouraging posts! tongue.gif

Chandra

A 10g will be fine but considering the limited dilution of space for ammonia and nitrite, you may need to do frequent water changes especially if you plan to feed him more than once a day. I placed two 5" watonais in a 10g before and had to do twice a day water change. My other tanks were still in use at that time.doh11.gif

Quarantine the fish and treat with salt and prazi for 3-4 weeks.:) It is always a good thing not to buy a fish on impulse. It usually takes me from a day to a week or two before I decide to take the one I want.ignore.gif

Thanks for all the support......and advice. I am getting him in the morning~and fantail girl-you crack me up!

Does anyone know what time Pestmart opens? :yeah:

I am sooooooo excited for you :) ! I had this dilema a few weeks ago with a purple Oranda, I was awake nearly all night just thinking what I should do. In the end I decided not to get her, it nearly broke my heart. Even now I think about her, I just didn't really have room in my tank. I was so sad about it! :cry1

I wish you luck and hope he is still there when you go!!! :newfish