My Other Golds I Missed In The Last Thread

Cohazard

I missed a few goldfish in the last thread so I focused on getting pictures of them today. Check em' out :)

This is the orange oranda, no name, any suggestions? He's kinda pudgy, biggest belly in the tank definitely, and a small wen. I like his/her tail :)

DSC02414.jpg

This ryukin is also nameless, he/she is a runt, I picked him/her out because it was very cute how small it was with a tail double it's size. It's grown since I've had it, but still has that 'hasing grown into it's tail' look :)

DSC02435.jpg

DSC02436.jpg

This is Shinobi, her white chin and lip make her look like shes got a 'kissy' face:

DSC02428.jpg

DSC02437.jpg

DSC02421.jpg

Just for kicks, check out this before and after on Elisina:

DSC01770.jpg

DSC02413.jpg

Looks like your oranda is a female. Does the vent appear to have a nub protruding? I'd name her Bugsy.biggrin.gif The ryukin shall be Aragon.:P

Edited by Lupin

Um, I don't see anything protruding from the vent, but they are still small fish, does that matter?

Also, I was hoping Elisina would keep some of her black pigment and it seems that instead of losing it, the pigment is getting more intense. Is that normal?

I don't think I've read about melanophores switching on instead of turning off.

Again Beautiful Pictures smile.gif Thanks so much for sharing smile.gif

Thank you Shell, I finally replied to your message on my profile page lol

Lovely fish. I see you are in So-Cal, too. Any favorite stores for goldies?

Thank you, I was hoping some other goldfish keepers would be around here, do you know of any local clubs or shows for goldfish?

There is one store you have to visit, it's called 'CK Aquarium' in San Gabriel.

They have an outdoor area with rows of tanks with goldfish of different sizes, and koi. It's where I got all my golds except Apollo and Ronin.

There was one time I went and most of their stock had ich, but all the other times I've gone, the fish are healthy, and the owner is a very nice lady.

Also 'Hacienda Aquatics' has nice goldfish from time to time, but mainly they are good for plecos collectors.

Um, I don't see anything protruding from the vent, but they are still small fish, does that matter?

Also, I was hoping Elisina would keep some of her black pigment and it seems that instead of losing it, the pigment is getting more intense. Is that normal?

I don't think I've read about melanophores switching on instead of turning off.

Well, if it matters to you, then it does.:D I meant if the vent appears to be protruding, chances are good the oranda is a lady. Males have much smoother butts.

Okay okay! I'll shut up now before the fat bottom girls set me up on another butt derail.sorry.gif

What do you feed your fish?

Yes, Serg. Even young females will have it. Normally, the most accurate would be the spawning signs but it can be indicated by the vents too if you know what you are trying to look into.

How cute! I love them all, especially the orandas! I thought Buddy when I looked at the nameless oranda, hehe!

I've been thinking of a 'B' name too lol I used to have an orange oranda like this one before, i called it 'Brother Milo'. I think I will recycle that name because I like it.