Sign in to follow this  
Shamu23

Need Advice On Divider

Does anyone know any good brands of dividers and where to get them. Cuz the only type I can find here is the pennplax divider, and within several months it completely dissolves in the water. Im on my third one now and its not gonna last much longer :(.

That's the only brand I've ever used but only for a month or so. I can't believe that they are dissolving on you...that's kind of distressing!

yea its weird! LuckiIy it doesnt seem to affect the fish but what a waste of money! I also just sent an email to pennplax, lets see what they'll say about that. But it really sucks because if it dissolves it wont keep my fish apart!

I always use Penn Plax to seperate my betta and I have some tanks where it's been in there for three or four years with no problems...

thats weird, cuz 2 have already dissolved in my tanks and my third one is starting to dissolve too.

thats weird, cuz 2 have already dissolved in my tanks and my third one is starting to dissolve too.

Is the divider istelf getting thinner? I'd check your water parameters as maybe they have something to do with it? :blink: This is perplexingg.

the water parameters are always fine :idont

the water parameters are always fine :idont

That's bizarre, what could eat away a plastic substance?

lol idk!

Maybe you could get a small piece of plexi-glass cut to fit?

idk, i was hoping to find something simpler lol

How about plastic craft mesh,the kind you use for plastic canvas's it's pretty cheap at wally world :)

yea I used that for my 5 gallon once but it only came in one small size, it wouldn't fit my 10 gallon tank, maybe I'll look for a bigger one somewhere :)

yea I used that for my 5 gallon once but it only came in one small size, it wouldn't fit my 10 gallon tank, maybe I'll look for a bigger one somewhere :)

I think craft stores carry bigger pieces :)

I would just buy plexiglass and have it cut to fit. If you have access to an electric saw etc it is much cheaper than any divider you can find. It probably won't dissolve either :)