Sushi Refuses To Sleep At Night!

Sushi13

Hi Everyone-

Sushi my black moor is refusing to sleep at night. Here's the thing, he always sleeps underneath his favorite plant. When he used to sleep at night, once the lights went out, he'd go under there, and now during the day he sleeps and NOW at night he swims, cleaning rocks, swimming around having fun, smacking underneath the filter and scaring me to death when I am sleeping like it's day time! At first I got scared but I remembered he did this a year ago too for a few weeks!

I moved his tank about a month ago and my tv is on at night, but it should not be bright enough to keep him awake. Last year I put a towel over his tank and he went to bed and stopped sleeping during the day.

I feed him at 5:30 p.m. every night, and only once a day!

His tank is cleaned once a week.

Levels are very good!

Temperature is always kept at 81 degrees.

Has an excellent diet.

He's the only fish in the tank.

And I turn off the fish tank light at 9:30 p.m.

Sushi kept me up all night by making so much noise that I lost a lot of sleep and I did poorly at my job, and yeah, I got in trouble for not staying on task. I love him, but I can't keep loosing sleep too!

Any suggestions?!

• Admin

Goldfish will stay up if there is light coming on to there tank, and will take naps all day to compensate it.... I agree but a towel on the tank and see if that will help :)

Well I covered him last night and to my surprise he hasn't gone under the plant all day to sleep! He did refuse to fall asleep till 1 a.m. even with him covered I could still hear him cleaning rocks. Then at 3 a.m. I woke up and peeked in on him, and found him sleeping! YAY!