My Little Red Snail

Anielynn

Well my poor little snail with no name's life has come to a catastrophic end. He was such a pretty little snail and gave my whole family such joy. :heart Always having to look for him to make sure he was safe. But tonight when i checked on him i found him in the same spot as this morning. Not good. :no: Because i had to hide him from a big bully. So i checked on him and he was empty. :cry My great big bully Mooshu munched on him. I love my fish. But its ALWAYS hungry. My poor little snail. He should have had a safer life. I didn't know she would eat my snails!! :idont I didn't know. Bye bye little snail. Sorry. :rip:

DSCN4408.JPG

Thank you. I have rescued 3 and transfered them to a betta tank and my 20 gallon with smaller goldies. But 1 is still MIA. He may have ran for his little snailie life. :(

:cry1 So sorry about your snail. I lost my snail a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if my fish ate him or if he got sucked up into the filter. I just found an empty shell floating one morning. I didn't buy him; he must have hitched a ride on some aquatic plants. Once again, so sorry.

Thank you. I cried a smidge. But i am fine now. Just a little traumatic finding an empty shell. Poor little thing. I did find the other one that was hidden so well. So the 4 i have left are safe and sound. I hope.

Ah... so this is the "mystery" red snail you talked about before? Looks like a nerite species of some kind. My personal bet is that it's a juvenile of the Zebra nerite, Neritina natalensis as they are commonly utilized as algae grazers among planted tank enthusiasts. Must have hitched a ride into your tank with recent acquisitions.

No. This was actually one from some i ordered a few weeks ago. He was a nerite. Red spotted or tracked. They are called by both. I had 2. I also have 2 zebra nerites. I love them.

aww so sad steph....mean ole fishy!

I know!! Can you just imagine? Poor little snail. Nothing should suffer such a fate. :(

No. This was actually one from some i ordered a few weeks ago. He was a nerite. Red spotted or tracked. They are called by both. I had 2. I also have 2 zebra nerites. I love them.

My kids have one in their tank. Our LFS calls them "onion snails".

Sorry to hear about your loss. :(

Wow. Onion snail. Yep i googled it. And thats it. Weird name. I think they just can't decide what to call this one!