Breeding Dance?

FantailGirl

I think my "male" goldie is tring to get my "female" goldie to spawn

he keeps swimming under her nudging her belly and putting his face right

in her bottom..Is this spawning behavior or is he just a butthead?

Edited by FantailGirl

Technically, it's the reverse. Females release pheromones that encourage the males to spawn with them but sometimes males can be brutal if they keep bumping the female around constantly.ignore.gif

• Admin

Technically, it's the reverse. Females release pheromones that encourage the males to spawn with them but sometimes males can be brutal if they keep bumping the female around constantly.ignore.gif

oh hun I wasnt talk about that, I was just saying that if you see white dots on the male fish and the chasing like that, then it would be more likely a mating thing.

If you dont see that then it cant really be mating since there isnt a boy there :lol

I wouldnt worry about the temp fantailgirl just keep an eye out... is one of them a new fish?

I had a sad feeling they were both girls :{ no he isnt really new but i just got another new one and stuck it in there maybe now i have two girls and a boy!!

The lady i buy my fish from...nice but not very informed...says they only get the white spots when there 5 to 6 years old and 5 to 6 inchs long...tell me i dont have to wait this long???