Sign in to follow this  
arabpaso

My Trops Survived In 61F Temp!

I was away on vacation last weekend and forgot to leave the heat on--normally room temp is enough for my trops. So when I got home the temp inside the house was 61F--not good. The only casualties were most my new batch of baby guppies. :( I only had 2 survive out of almost 20. All my adult fish were fine though. So, here is a list of trops that can survive lower temps for at least 3 days--adult guppies, platies, bettas, hatchetfish, glofish, cories, and upside down catfish. And, one of my momma gups just had babies again as I saw some new little guys yesterday. I caught 3 so now have 5 babies in the breeders net--a chance to try again!

haha soo lucky you are!

now if we can just get them to leave around same temps as goldfish. i would have loved to have guppies and goldfish together! lol

Yes, I think I was indeed very fortunate! Another of my platies had babies a couple weeks ago so I now have some of them to raise and one surviving guppy. :)

I'm glad you didn't loose too many fish.

haha soo lucky you are!

now if we can just get them to leave around same temps as goldfish. i would have loved to have guppies and goldfish together! lol

I use to keep goldfish and guppies together. I kept the tank around 74 degrees. Goldfish can handle up temperatures up to 80 degrees.

It didnt really work out all that well though. The guppies will constantly pick at the goldfish, which can stress them out. Then when the goldfish get larger, they eat the guppies.