Sign in to follow this  
Rebecca Hampshire

Tuna! ?

I tried my fantail with a few teeny tiny flakes of tuna and he LOVED :heart it!!!!

Is this ok for him? I have tried peas and he loves them too but when I put the tuna in I've NEVER seen him swim soooooo fast! :goldfish:

Tuna is fine as long as it doesn't have too much salt in it (are you talking about canned tuna? The kind in water is usually okay.) I've fed it to my fish before and they love it too!

I've always heard that tuna is good for the chubbies...I think i will try that with mine.

PS: I MISSED YOU UKBECKS!!!!!

I'm happy somebody asked this question as I have been thinking about this myself, and now I know it's safe I think I'm gonna give it a try, thankyou! exactly.gif

Tuna is fine as long as it doesn't have too much salt in it (are you talking about canned tuna? The kind in water is usually okay.) I've fed it to my fish before and they love it too!

Yeah, just regular tuna! I'd had a tuna salad and before I threw what I didn't eat in the bin, I just thought I'd try just a tiny bit to see if my fishy liked it. Good job I'm on a diet-I didn't use any salad dressing!!! Not sure my fishy would have liked that too much! :rolleyes:

I've been reading a lot about gel food, and kind of felt sorry for my fishy because I don't think I'm brave enough yet, so I am slowly experimenting with other foods. He LOVES :heart cucumber, peas and now tuna so now I dont feel too bad! ;)

I'm happy somebody asked this question as I have been thinking about this myself, and now I know it's safe I think I'm gonna give it a try, thankyou! exactly.gif

Honestly as soon as you give it a try and drop some in the tank you will see for yourself. You will have the fastest swiming goldies in Scotland!!! They will love it!!! :)

I've always heard that tuna is good for the chubbies...I think i will try that with mine.

MrsMohr! I am glad you are back with us after your move! Its not been the same without ya!

I've missed you too!

MrsMohr! I am glad you are back with us after your move! Its not been the same without ya!

I've missed you too!

he he yay!!! I'm back with ick covered fish lol but i'm here!!! How have you been? How are your babies!!!

Tuna, mackerel and sardines...You can even mix them in gel foods.;)

Our goldies love tuna too and also in gel food. We always buy them tinned tuna in spring water :)

Edited by apocraphya

I know many members feed their babies tuna, I myself will not. The larger the fish the more toxins it contains, especially mercury which can be dangerous. Humans can handle the amount in tuna but it is not recommended to eat too much of it. The body mass of goldfish is so much smaller that the mercury in tuna would be that much more harmful.

I've missed you too!

he he yay!!! I'm back with ick covered fish lol but i'm here!!! How have you been? How are your babies!!!

MrsMohr, I am so sorry you are having problems with your babies and your water/test readings! Iv'e just read one of your threads that I must have missed somehow! :o I hope it all sorts its self out soon! :)

My little fishy is doing fine, he seems happier and happier each day! Perhaps that is thanks to this forum for all the GREAT advice I keep getting! :exactly

Its nice having you around again, don't even think about leaving us again any time soon! ;)