My Biube...

jennybugs

My god that was traumatising! I've just changed over my two remaining dwarf puffers to my BiUbe having converted it to a 'Pure' version with a nice clear lid.

I took it nice and slow and when it came to the vital part of jugging up the puffs, the Big Momma jumped right out of the jug and disappeared behind the tank! :doh11:

I screamed, the OH shouted and I was in a right autopilot state when I spotted her stuck on the table top and managed (without getting squeamish) to pick her up gently and pop her back in the jug which was inside a bucket of old tank water :unsure:

She seems ok now but my lord was I paniced!:krazy:

Anyway, it's cloudy but already clearing

ube2-1.jpg

I'm not 100% happy with the dear old silk plant at the mo. I may be on the lookout for other alternatives. I hate that you can see the plastic stems so clearly.

I am looking forward to the tanins leaching into the water though

It cleared really fast too :heart

ube3-1.jpg

ube5.jpg

ube4-1.jpg

There seem to be no ill effects being suffered by big momma at the moment thank goodness but I'll keep an eye on her! They've both had tea and seem happy :D

Pics of the puffs tomorrow hopefully :D

My big 140L brackish tank has had a refurb too...

I added more wood and moved things about to try and get it looking more natural

puff1.jpg

puff2.jpg

A good day's fishkeeping methinks :exactly

I got all the bits of wood at my UK based local fish shops :D

The bit of wood in the BiUbe and the bit on the right hand side of the F8 tank are actually presoaked and called Marsh Roots :bingo:

I have had an idea with my goldie tanks to use similar silk plants in them tied to the wood in their tanks :)

Edited by jennybugs

Love your BiUbe!!! Your tanks always look beautiful and your so good at scaping (wish I was lol) I've got a Biube pure too and I love the look of it, my betta was in there, but my hubby bought me a 40 litre clearseal tank for him, so now my Biube has been stolen by my stepdaughter who now keeps her stick insects in it, complete with ilight!!! (I know, I know) oops.gif maybe I'll steal it back someday lol

Are these little puffers easy to keep? They look adorable, but I've never seen any in any of the lfs near me and I have heard that only experienced fishkeepers should have them?? Lovely pics, keep them coming! biggrin.gif

They both look awesome! I couldn't tell if the big tank's plant's were real or fake it looked so good. :) Glad Big Momma was okay, both puffers are really cute! ;)

• 2 months later...

HOOLLYYY

jaw dropping. man oh man i wish my mom would let me get one of these. i would go crazy! soo $$ though! and needs space

very nice tanks. i love both of them and the cylinder one is soo cool! i need to do one of these one day

The dwarf puffers would make a perfect first puffer for you :D you could have a pair in a 40L tank quite happily with a big filter in :D