Seaweed Delight

fantailfan1

I re-ordered a bunch of food/medicated food from GF Connection. I also got some Seaweed Delight for the first time. It is dried out sheets of seaweed. I broke off a piece, put it on a veggie clip and put it in the tank. It was hilarious. They obviously smelled it and darted over to it. Then sat there looking for a minute. They finally decided to try it and had a bit of a hard time getting a piece off at first. But once it was in the tank for a couple of minutes and softened up, they ravaged the stuff. It makes a bit of a mess but nothing the fish and/or filter couldn't handle.

Just thought I'd share. If you order from GF Connection, consider adding this to your next order. It wasn't very expensive ($6?) and it will last a while.

I've been feeding nori to my goldfish for a while now and they love it. I either add it to their gel food, or vegi-clip it. I even tear it up into small pieces, soak it a bit, then drop it in.

I buy nori sheets for sushi at the grocery store, since we like to snack on it too. I just make sure it is not toasted, and has no extra salt.

Ah... I tried the GFC seaweed delight a long while back. :)

My fish couldn't figure it out... and it just fell apart to a million pieces and ended up clogging the filter intakes.

So I still have all the rest of the rolls. :(

Maybe I should give it a try again and break it up into small pieces first. :hmm

Me too.........I still have my rolls,Tinkokeshi :aint: !!!!!!!!! Thanks for the suggestion,Lupin-I forgot to put it in the gel food I made this weekend,and it might be a while before I make more because I made enough to last A VERY LONG TIME :rofl .I sure hope it freezes well :feedme

Yep it was messy but I only left it in for 10 min or so. The bigger one really liked it. The smaller fish had more trouble getting pieces off but he stuck with it anyway. Today I'm fasting them and I hate it. They are such beggers and I usually give in. I'm trying to stay strong . . .

All 6 of my goldies love seaweed! A friend of mine sent me 6 packs for my marine tanks and I thought I'd try them on it. They went loopy for it and none of it got to touch the bottom :lol:

I have some sheets from my LFS but I also have sachets of Sera marin gourmet nori which they adore :D