Sign in to follow this  
vickielm

Stability And Matrix

This isn't about disease but I didn't know where else to put it. I was paging through my Aquarium Fish magazine andcame across an ad for Seachem Stability and Seachem Matrix. They claim that it quickly establishes biological filtration and maintains it. Here is one calim they make in the lengthy ad:

Stability will rapidly and safely establish the aquarium biofilter in freshwater and marine systems, thereby preventing the #1 cause of fish death: New Tank Syndrome.

Matrix is a high porosity biomedia.

Now I always like and trust Seachem products. They are claiming that using these eliminates the need for the beginning cycle of the tank.

Has anyone used these products? Could they have actually found a way to establish a tank in a short time?

The products are on www.seachem.com if anybody is interested in looking, but I just wondered if this could be a true breakthrough and a true replacement for establishing a cycle that takes weeks normally and is so hard on the fish?

I have used Cycle but all it does is jump start the cycle of a tank. I don't think anything can do a cycle in minutes but there are things that well speed it along.

If you try this or any cycling product I would still start of stocking lightly and do lots of water test.

Actually my tanks are established so I don't have any need of cycling products right now. I was just curious if anyone had used this new product or knew anything else about it.