120 Gallons Of Bichirs, Plecs, And Angelfish!

Cohazard

Serg,

Another awesome setup!!!I love Bling (LOL) what is he?and your Black angelfish totally beautiful!!!what size tank is this one?aqua scape is amazing :) Thanks so much for sharing,now I would love to see a video of this tank in action ;)

Thanks Shellie, Bling is not the name of the fish lol it's a joke about the cost of that fish. It's a leucistic Polypterus senegalus. Normally brown/grey color, these are shiny white.

The tank is 120 gallons, 4'x2'x2', I'll get a video up soon, my cam sucks at taking video of this tank, can't handle the light.

Bichirs: Polypterus:

senegalus, delhezi, teugelsi, mokelembembe, lapradei.

Plecs:

L47, L134, albino gibbiceps, and soon to add more L134 and a clown, and flahs plecos.

Thanks for the nice compliments :)

The Bichirs look scary, I know they're supposed to be peaceful but all I can think of when I see them is that the SciFi channel is going to make a horrible original horror movie about them :rofl3

Is that a Datnioides multiradiatus I'm seeing with the bichirs?

Impressive collection of bichirs you've got. Most of them I've never even seen before. All we ever get here are senegalus, ornatipinnis, delhezi and endlicheri

Is that a Datnioides multiradiatus I'm seeing with the bichirs?

Impressive collection of bichirs you've got. Most of them I've never even seen before. All we ever get here are senegalus, ornatipinnis, delhezi and endlicheri

I've never heard of multiradiatus, my fish is Datnioides undecimradiatus.

Don't know why it was so scared in that pic, this is what is normally looks like:

DSC01146.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Had no clue what a Bichir was, so that was pretty cool to see so many different kinds all in one tank. Amazing that they grow over a foot! ;)

• 3 years later...

Awesome pics.

Polypterus (Bichirs) are beyond awesomeness.

I like them, they are kind of fresh water coelacanthe with a true prehistoric look.

Edited by King Poseidon

Awesome pics.

Polypterus (Bichirs) are beyond awesomeness.

I like them, they are kind of fresh water coelacanthe with a true prehistoric look.

Hi,

This thread is from 2009. Please try to check the date on threads before replying; it helps us to not dig up older topics. :)

Have a great day!