Sign in to follow this  
Kochi

White Rocks + Cleaning Glass?

Another silly questions from me :P I got a 75 gal with like, hard water stains on the front of it (On the outside, not the inside. It goes away when it's wet, so it's fine on the inside). I've tried baking soda + vinegar + mr clean magic eraser + scrubbing bubbles + scraping with a blade and and and.... Any suggestions?

But also, does anyone have white gravel? I've been admiring it in peoples tanks, but those photos are all newly set up ones. Can anyone who's had white gravel tell me if it gets super dirty+really hard to keep looking clean, or their experiences with it in general? Thanks! Also, brands+size of rocks? I was going to go with bare bottom, but I have a few corys and I think they'd hate me for bare bottom. :P And I sort of want to plant a few plants, maybe some chinese evergreen

Ya I have something like that on my 55 gallon if you figure out how to make it go away let me know.

I dont have white rock. It would turn green in my tanks.

I had white river rocks and they got covered in algae, super hard to keep clean! When I used to use gravel I had white and black gravel for a bit. That wasn't quite as bad because it gets stirred up often enough that the algae didn't grow on it.

Tried the paste baking soda already, didn't work. @_@

It might be a stretch, but what about putting a little WD-40 on it, and then using some elbow grease?

About the white gravel - been there, bought the Tshirt, and do NOT want to go back. It looked FANTASTIC until the algae grew about a week later and I couldn't keep it clean. I went bare bottom after that in all of my tanks, and I absolutely love it.

If I went with gravel again, I would probably go with a VERY LIGHT layer of natural colors, that way the poo and other goodies do not show up as much.

By the way, just as an update. Took the tank to a glass place after using CLR and all this other stuff on it. It was a some sort of an acid stain IN the glass, impossible to get out unless you buff it. So. That side of the tank is effed, but I scraped the paint off the other side and it turns out it was fine. So. :3

Is there anyone who's had a good experience with white rocks? D:

:roflI don't think it is possible to have good experience with white rocks.

and even in a Salt water tank, white sand even turns colors... :o

I couldn't even keep white gravel looking nice in a 2-gallon betta tank that I did a full cleaning and 100% water change on every week. Never thought that tank had algae, till I had white gravel. Changed back to black, and POOF! Invisible!