Meet Bartleby!

So I ordered Bartleby from Rain Garden in Hawaii and I'm so happy with the transaction, the shipping, my fish is even more beautiful than in the picture, and the owner is just so nice and very pleasent to work with..I highly reccommend this company.

When i first saw Bartleby online i thought he was a black oranda...I contacted rain garden and he explained that the oranda was actually considered a blue. When i got him I was so happy that he was alive and well in is extremely well packaged box. He was shipped via fedex 2nd day air and he was in great shape. When i got him in my tank he is more lavander than blue and i'm just thrilled to have him!!! I thought i would share!

bartleby-2.jpg

bartleby7-1.jpg

bartleby6-1.jpg

bartleby4-1.jpg

bartleby3-1.jpg

bartleby2.jpg

PS: he has a little pink spot on his cheek do you guys see that? Anyone know what that might be? should i be worried about that? you know me...the ever parinoid fishy mommy he he

OH OH OH OH :clapping:!!! He is gorgeous!!!! I have never seen such a blue/lavender fish!! He is perfect :heart. What a long journey (no wonder he has a little stress spot)...he has a fabulous looking wen for the size of him. He is a PRIZE. Congratulations on your choice and his safe arrival.

I do not believe he is blue at all. He is indeed lavender to me, MrsMohr. A very wise choice!heartpump.gif My orandas should get together with yours sometime.;)

I do not believe he is blue at all. He is indeed lavender to me, MrsMohr. A very wise choice!heartpump.gif My orandas should get together with yours sometime.wink.gif

I'm so happy i love him so much...they didn't sex him on the website like the others that were larger than him but i see breeding tubes on his fins..no stars though. Figures he is a boy...all of my oranda are boys except for pretty little LeLu lol. We should set up a date with bartleby and your new black female...how awesome would those fry be!!!

I'm so happy i love him so much...they didn't sex him on the website like the others that were larger than him but i see breeding tubes on his fins..no stars though. Figures he is a boy...all of my oranda are boys except for pretty little LeLu lol. We should set up a date with bartleby and your new black female...how awesome would those fry be!!!

How big is Bartleby right now? Chingling is 7" in body size excluding the caudal fin.ignore.gif

my little purple fish is five inches from nose to tail...your female would beat his butt if she wanted too! I'm so afraid he's going to change colors! if he does change i will still love him to death though...how could anyone resist that fat face of his lol?

since he is five inches from nose to tail i have SERIOUSLY underestimated the sizes of my other fish lol...woops!

Guest bench72

Oh WOW! Bartleby is so nice!!! His colour is really nice and quite a nice wen. The third pic is my favourite!

I have similar blue Orandas and they are an absolute treat at food-time.. they are almost jumping out of the tank, they get so excited!

Oh wow Bartleby is beautiful! I want to come steal him he's so darn cute! I love his bumpy face and the colour is amazing, he is really REALLY lavender!

I think I'm in love with your fish :heart

wow... he is a very beautiful fish.... did he cost a lot? Shipping from Hawaii must have been expensive

lol oooohhh yeah i paid a lot for him woops! Actually my husband authorized the purchase soo i guess you could say HE paid a lot for him. He was 75 total but the fish was more than the shipping:) He was worth it though...believe me i never dreamed in a million years that i would pay that much for a fish

hes awesome. im so glad to know that rain garden is good . i want to order from there so bad. ill probably get a couple to make the shipping worthwhile . hes definitely worth it