Cross Your Fingers For Me!

Well, practically free. There's a post on craigslist (thank you lupin) from someone with a 29g, two filters, hood, heater(which will be donated to my RES turtle, I'm thinking), stand, some decorations and all for TRADE on an outside dog kennel. LUCKY ME I have a dog kennel junking up my back yard! :bingo:. I contacted just now, haven't heard back, but here's hoping That the deal comes through. My only concern is that they will not like the kennel (it's not BRAND NEW, but in very nice condition to have been hanging out in someone's yard for years). I really hope they like it, otherwise they want 100 dollars, which I don't have =(. I'm hoping I get it, cuz then Grim can move on up and possibly she can have a buddy.:newfish The good thing about the situation is, I can use all the decorations and gravel from her current tank and run the filter a couple days too or something to seed bacteria in the new filter and gravel..... So it won't be so traumatic. I could feasibly use all the water too, so that 1/3 of the water in the tank is aged and cycled and full of good bacteria, which would be fantastic............ I shouldn't get too ahead of myself, the guy hasn't even read the message yet, since it's 3 am, lol. So I must contain my sheer excitement for now anyway, HOWEVER, cross your fingers, loveys, Grim may be hitting the big time soon.

Oh... wait, looks like one filter is a turtle filter with decorative rock casing and whatnot............. They were using the tank for turtles, but have had it in storage for 6 months or more...... Anyway, I think I would still be able to use Grim's current filter too, it's small, but it will help. The filter they have is for 20-40 tanks (I'm assuming, I don't actually know) then Grim's is for 10-15 gallons, so that's 30 to 55 gallons worth of filtration, which would be :okay: I guess, Unless the other filter isn't a turtle filter and I'm just misunderstanding the photos. It could be just a rock island.

Ah, nope, I misunderstood (like I thought I would, lol :doh11:) There are TWO filters, one large one and one smaller one, AND a rock island that is seperate from both, I just didn't look thoroughly at the pictures because I was so excited. The small details didn't really matter, a tank, stand, lights and filter of ANYKIND for basically free has be jumping to action, the extras are just honey on the toast.

It sounds like they really want a kennel. So keep thinking positive. Maybe it won't be an issue for them to come pick it up. Email them pics to tempt them. Good luck.

Well you see, the thing is, is my parents are of the (uneducatable) perception that Goldfish don't need a lot of room. They actually keep asking me if they can stick another fish or two in my 10 with Grim! The ONLY way I've gotten around that is by repeatedly reminding them that she's already very big (4 inches is a big goldfish to them..... again, bowl goldfish kind of people :ignore) and that putting another in there they won't have room to swim. I am a little anxious about when (or if) I get the 29g they will want to put like 4 more fish in it, they like lots of movement, they don't like "empty looking tanks".......... I'm trying to teach them better, but they are used to tropical fish and they like LOTS of fish to watch swimming around....... Like my mom was actually shocked when she asked if she could take a 55 gallon and put like 10 goldies in it and I told her nope, more like 4..... She then decided she didn't want to do that after all.... :krazy:..... They just don't get it, lol.... But I'm gonna be firm with them if the deal comes through, I'm going to put the tank immediately in my room where they can't see it and can't complain about how empty it looks, lol....

LOL, I got off my original Idea on this.... The idea I was trying to convey is that my parent's are not very concerned about getting me a new tank at ALL, since they feel that Grim is just fine and dandy in her 10 gallon and nothing more need be done.... And thats why they aren't trying harder to come through for me.

Tell mommy "pretty pretty please" and it could be an early christmas gift if it comes through. My fingers are still crossed!!

My parents also never understood why I "understock" my goldfish tanks until I was given some large orandas by a friend that my parents were shocked by their adult size and finally realized small tanks weren't just the thing for goldfish nor overcrowding them in large tanks.wink.gif

Maybe you could offer the people with the tank so gas money for coming to pick up the kennell from you (it would still be cheaper than buying a new tank) and explain the situation...if they want it bad enough they will come get it. I have all my fingers AND toes crossed for you!

My parents are the SAME way. Kinda uneducated about animals.

Do you have a friend who can drive you there? What about an aunt or uncle or cousin etc?

Fingers crossed

Ill need the good karma lol

:bingo::bingo::bingo: Well, They still wouldn't take me to get the tank, however on the way home from the fleamarket this morning they saw one in a yardsale!!! AND THEY BOUGHT IT! The only thing is the lamp doesn't work, but I can get one of those easy, but I haz my tank now and I'm thrilled, I'm doing it bare bottomed, since that seems to be the way to go, i'm filling it and adding deco tonight and I'll put pics of it without my fish as soon as I'm done.

Congrats on your tank! Does that mean it's :newfish time?

Offtopic here, but thankyou for your wonderful comment on my Luna too! :thanks

She is the pride and joy of my tank. A wonderful gift from my mother. I love your girl too!

Maybe you can get a Moor now with your new tank? :peeka

Congratulations on the new tank! I'm so glad your parents happen to stumble across the tank you were after. I can't wait to see it setup and in action, it's always so exciting getting an upgrade! :nana:bounce