Aww Man

ANGELMB15

So my black oranda and blue oranda didn't even last 2 months before the dreaded color change. I don't mind them changing, but I just wanted them to stay the same color! My black oranda is turning orange, I guess he's getting ready for halloween, and my blue one is turning yellow and white. Does yellow usually stay or turn orange? Ill post pics later if anyones want to see.

Those fish are very nice, I always hoped that fish would stay the same colour but there genetics seem to disagree with personal opinion :P. That yellow and colour really does look awesome, I haven't seen a yellow like that before on a goldfish. He will be a stunner, can't wait to see the full transformation.

One way to get the color you desire is tell the fish you hate his color so he'll stay that way because his genes disagreed with you and wanted it to remain the same instead.bingo.gif My black oranda Summers remained black although I could have sworn he looks chocolate sometimes. I hope he won't change his color. I don't want another orange.doh11.gif

I'll cross my fingers the orange orandas I get will remain either orange or go yellow.

Koko, my watonai used to be yellow before! Alessandra turned dark orange to red after a few months stay in the pond.krazy.gif

thanks for the comments, the yellow is pretty cool looking if it stays lol. I was amazed on his wen as well when I bought him hopefully it doesn't grow any bigger and cover his eyes. I was thinking of buying a bigger tank and filling it with black orandas one of ems gotta stay black right? Haha

Angel, I just got a new black oranda at 7" with orange tinge on her belly. I just hope she stays black though. My other black oranda also at 7 inches remained black so far. I'm crossing fingers he won't change his black.smile.gif

The wen looks a lot like the goosehead shape. I also hope his wen won't overwhelm his eye area. That would be tricky to trim.

Summers has been with me for 2-3 months. I got him from a shop who had two black orandas and both were infested with fish lice and anchorworms. I regret not buying the other black oranda because I learned shortly after that he died.:( Both were of the same size raised from the pond apparently. I am not sure of his age. 18 months is the best I could guess. Here is lucky Summers. He could be she because I have not observed any breeding patterns yet with him.unsure.gif The darling is 7". He's quite cute when he gobbles the food.:D

P8115216.jpg

Here's the new one. This one is 7-8" excluding the 2-3" tail. The photo was taken shortly after introducing her into the quarantine tank. She has the orange tinge already on her belly as you can see but she remained mostly black and hopefully will stay the same.:)

goldfish001-1.jpg

Here's my 4" chocolate oranda, Velvet. I sometimes think he could be black.doh11.gif

Velvet3.jpg

Very nice orandas you have they look very healthy, I hope mine get that big they're only about 3inches at the moment, I feel like getting another one now lol but I have no room