Help?

dlinks

9217_156392669746_616669746_3633592_3926275_n.jpg

There is like white part on his head.

I don't have test kit to find out about my water. but I just changed my water (my last one was two weeks ago).

i have two medicine in stock: API MELAFIX and API SUPER ICK CURE. any suggestion? thank

Well this would only really be a guess without tank information, It isn't Ich as it's only one spot so I'm thinking it may be a fungal infection or bacterial infection.

Have you seen any unusual behaviours?

It may help to look at this forum as it looks the same to what you have there.

white spot on head

I don't think it is saprolegnia. It doesn't look like one to me. Aside from Powerdragon's questions above, please answer the following as well.

[*]Test Results for the Following:

[*]Ammonia Level?

[*]Nitrite Level?

[*]Nitrate level?

[*]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)?

[*]Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)?

[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?

[*]Water temperature?

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?

[*]What is the name and size of the filter(s)?

[*]How often do you change the water and how much?

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size?

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners?

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often?

[*]Any new fish added to the tank?

[*]Any medications added to the tank?

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

Assuming we are dealing with injuries, frequent water changes will help a lot here or antibiotics such as combination of Maracyn (erythromycin) and Maracyn 2 (minocycline) will cover a wide range of bacteria responsible for the bacterial infections assuming we have bacterial infection here.

-The tank size is 10 gal with Tetra whisper EX 20.

-Water change every 2 weeks. (just changed)

-total of 2 goldfish included him. each one is about 4 - 5 inch.

-I feed them progold, once a day, or two days

-no new fishs or med add (yet)

-look like fungus, he seem a little bit weaker, staying at the bottom, but still eating.

also. now the white part came off. now it look like a wen to me, and it's on both sides. There is nothing else strange on his body, but he seems a lil weaker. last night he was suck to the filter current......

edit: also what is hydrogen peroxide and where can i get that?

Edited by D-Links

also. now the white part came off. now it look like a wen to me, and it's on both sides. There is nothing else strange on his body, but he seems a lil weaker. last night he was suck to the filter current......

edit: also what is hydrogen peroxide and where can i get that?

Hello DLinks. :) Do you have a water test kit?? Water readings help us to provide a much more accurate diagnosis when your fish is under the weather.

Its kind of hard to judge from the photo, but could it be that his wen was caught in the filter intake tube and it is a bit that was cut off and starting to heal?? Its very hard to say at this point, but I second Lupin's suggestion for looking around the forum to see if you can find something similar or a google photo search for pics of common goldfish diseases.

Hydrogen peroxide can be found at any drug store. Just ask your pharmasist. It is a type of antiseptic and disenfectant and is considered to be a mild acid. It is the same stuff that is used to bleach hair! Im sure there are lots of other purposes as well, but those are the three that I know of.