Muffin'S Side Has Erupted

hpsauce

eusa_dance.gificon_cheers.gifeusa_dance.gificon_cheers.gif Muffin ate his dinner last night and this morning eusa_dance.gificon_cheers.gifeusa_dance.gificon_cheers.gif

and I still think the wound is looking more pink than red now but will try and get some pictures to compare when I get home from work this afternoon.

Updated pictures of Muffin. He is doing ok still but the hole isn't any smaller. I think the pictures do show his wound is a lot less red though.

download470.jpg

download471-1.jpg

download463.jpg

download464.jpg

I think that is massive improvement considering the extent of those holes. Good job.

Salt and melafix and daily water changes are such great fixes for sooo many things. Clever, strong Muffin too :heart

Muffin is still doing fine although I think his not so bad side might end up bursting like the other side did but not so badly as some of the scales around it have fallen off which is apparently because the tissue goes soft and doesn't hold them properly.

He is still eating and pooping fine and swimming around although other than not being so red there is't any reduction in the size of his wound, it is just wait and see at the moment He is still on daily water changes but is on a lower dose of salt and half dose of tea tree and no pimafix now.

Sad news ............... Muffin didn't make it through the night icon_sad.gif

He wasn't very keen on his dinner last night and his other side had been swelling like his bad side so I guess it was all to much for him.

I don't feel as bad as I normally do when I loose a fish but Muffin had always been so ill I guess I spent each morning expecting to find him floating in the tank and was always delighted to find him swimming.

At least he isn't suffeirng any more, but it is a shame after he faught so hard for so long.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have been following this thread and was amazed at both Muffin's will to live and all the wonderful care you gave him. He had the best life possible with you as his mum. :heart

I am soooooooooo sorry :cry1! I just read this.

:sorry::

He put up an incredible fight right to the end. i have never seen such open wounds with balance and appetite so little affected. Bless him.

You did all you could hp.:hug