Weekend Events

Snider82

Well, i was planning on drilling my tank today (Saturday). i checked over the bulkhead and drill bit i received in the mail, looked good to me! We went to 3 different hardware stores to find the plumbing i need to get my sump working. Nothing there worked out. but that ended up being to my benefit.

we went to the LFS and looked around, priced new tanks for future, i fell in love with this 90G tank, i fell in love with it. after we got home i checked a local community fish forum (the classifieds). someone was selling a 90g tank, a 30g sump and a stand for $195. WHAT A DEAL! lol. so i told him to hold it for me, borrowed my dads van (my car was too small)and did the 2 hours drive to get it.

The tank is "reef ready" - its already drilled, has an overflow installed, and the sump is divided up PERFECT for my needs. I'm going to spend a long time prepping it, building rock walls for it and maybe build a nice wooden stained stand for it.

so its a good thing i didn't drill my 45g tank. guess things happen for a reason.

I will be taking pictures along the way of this build, and will probably start a thread about it.

I'm SOOO excited!!!!!

LOL your getting bigger and bigger. So now the wife gets to put something int eh 45?

Im going to keep the 45 going with the salt stuff i have in it for the mean time. it may be a couple months before i have the new tank ready. then ill probably move everything over and sell the 45.

Im going to keep the 45 going with the salt stuff i have in it for the mean time. it may be a couple months before i have the new tank ready. then ill probably move everything over and sell the 45.

Ya, we will be selling the 45. Thinking we will be keeping the 10 gallon that was to serve as the sump tho to give to the kiddos for their betta. :) They'd just love that.