Ph

Guest jkcole

Guest jkcole

ok i have tested my taps ph and it is low like 6.6-6.8 but in my tanks its 7.4-7.5

y is this? y and how dose it raise? and this is all my tanks not just one my angle tank my un planted goldfish tank and my planted gold fish tank all different sizes with different things in them. all other readings are fine with in allowable limits ty progress.gif

ok i have tested my taps ph and it is low like 6.6-6.8 but in my tanks its 7.4-7.5

y is this? y and how dose it raise? and this is all my tanks not just one my angle tank my un planted goldfish tank and my planted gold fish tank all different sizes with different things in them. all other readings are fine with in allowable limits ty progress.gif

7.4 / 7.5 is fine. Why change it?

Like Oldfish said, the pH in your tanks sounds great.

The reason it is lower fresh out of the tap is dissolved carbon dioxide in your water supply. This gas will lower the pH, but as it dissapates the pH will rise. Movement of the water, like you get with filters and bubblers will speed up the dissapation.

My pH is about 7.4 out of the tap, but it rises to a steady 8.2 after a few hours.

Guest jkcole

Like Oldfish said, the pH in your tanks sounds great.

The reason it is lower fresh out of the tap is dissolved carbon dioxide in your water supply. This gas will lower the pH, but as it dissapates the pH will rise. Movement of the water, like you get with filters and bubblers will speed up the dissapation.

My pH is about 7.4 out of the tap, but it rises to a steady 8.2 after a few hours.

thank u i didnt want to change it i know its ok i was just wondering y it changed its self u answered it ty guys