Sign in to follow this  
devadair

Color Foods?

Anything (brand or otherwise) that you can feed a goldfish to make their colors more vibrant?

Just curious, thanks guys :)

I feed Hikari, it's only been a few weeks now but my chubbies love it and i've heard nothing but great things about it. Hey have some that promote growth..some color...they have a food for what seems like everything!

Here is a link if you wantto check it out:

http://www.hikari.info/gold/index.html

Omega 1 goldfish food does the trick. It's full of fatty acids that goldfish need to thrive and as a bonus, it utilizes Salmon skin to boost your goldfish's colors. I recommend it 100 percent.

I've been feeding Saki-Hikari lately -- it claims to boost color without compromising the white areas on the fish. My red and white Ranchu had shades of orange on his white after eating other brands, but since feeding the Saki-Hikari, he's pearly white once again.

If your fish are solid red or orange, you have more options for making their color more vibrant. I've heard shrimp and/or brine shrimp can really give them a boost.

One member had a beautiful lemonhead oranda that started going pinky-orange after feeding shrimp and/or a red-enhancing food... so white fish lovers beware!!

One member had a beautiful lemonhead oranda that started going pinky-orange after feeding shrimp and/or a red-enhancing food... so white fish lovers beware!!

eek really?

Well I just switched my two white fantails from cheap flake food to Hikari Lionhead. They really seem to like it but their website says it's a headgrowth/color enhancing food. I wonder if it'll effect their pearly whiteness? :o

But anyway I think it's what I'll be using as everyone here seems to have nothing but good things to say. I'll be watching them to see what happens.

Well I just switched my two white fantails from cheap flake food to Hikari Lionhead. They really seem to like it but their website says it's a headgrowth/color enhancing food. I wonder if it'll effect their pearly whiteness?

Saki-Hikari (which is different from Hikari Lionhead or Hikari Oranda Gold) claims that it enhances color without affecting the white areas. I've had good results so far. Saki-Hikari is more expensive and harder to find, but my fish are doing really well on it and so far, it seems worth it.