They'Re Back, Too!

Now now folks, holster those Koko sticks... here is the FISHY update!!

First off, my lovely lemonhead oranda, Roxanne, who is currently suffering from dropsy. :(

augustfishies01.jpg

augustfishies02.jpg

Next, Reba! She used to be my panda oranda... now she is a tricolor, well on her way to becoming my second lemonhead. :P

augustfishies03.jpg

augustfishies04.jpg

(For comparison, here is a picture of her from last year.)

popeye05.jpg

And last but not least, the fry!

Sonic

augustfishies06.jpg

Tails

augustfishies05.jpg

(Also for comparison)

sonictails01.jpg

sonictails04.jpg

Hope you enjoyed. :D

Ruby is sadly missing because THOMAS STOLE HER from me before I moved back to Seattle! You will have to threaten him (username A Penguin) for pics of her and his giant black moor Berta.

Yay, pictures! They're all looking good.

My comet, who started out the color your fry are now, has turned white. Wouldn't that be something if yours go white too and you end up with 4 white fish?

What a change in Reba! But I like her new look :D

My comet, who started out the color your fry are now, has turned white. Wouldn't that be something if yours go white too and you end up with 4 white fish?

Well I think we all remember how crazy I am for white fish... I was a little disappointed that Reba was losing her black at first (and the summer pond again was out of the question, there are raccoons here!!), but then I thought, "What if she also turns into a lemonhead?"

If the fry took after their mother, too, and went white... omigosh, I might just die of happiness!

Thank you for your kind comments all. :heart

Very nice. Sonic and Tails and perfect fantails huh?

Their dad had a fantastic fantail shape that he passed on, but they also got their mom's beautiful tail. I keep hoping they will fatten up and grow little wens, seeing as they are part oranda, but they are just perfect the way they are!

They all look wonderful. I sure hope Roxanne gets better soon.

Thank you Hidr!

Awwww. So cute!!!! I really think Rox is gonna make it!!! OMG reba really did change DRASTICALLY!!! It's crazy how fast some of these fish will lose their black color!!!

I totally forgot about the fry!!! How many were there, did you keep them all?!

I totally forgot about the fry!!! How many were there, did you keep them all?!

It wasn't a very big spawn, and we were totally unprepared for it, so I had to suck up the fertilized eggs with a turkey baster to get them out of the main tank. :P We got about 20 eggs before we gave up on that... so Roxanne and Roman feasted. Blech! Of those eggs, 4 hatched. Twitch had to be culled, he was practically growing sideways. He made it a few weeks before he just listed at the top so I had to euthanize. Scaredy Cat #1 had an unfortunate run-in with the filter intake (the pantyhose slipped down), so only two survived. They were Big Boy and Scaredy Cat #2, who were renamed Sonic and Tails, respectively. :)

Scaredy Cat #1 had an unfortunate run-in with the filter intake (the pantyhose slipped down)...

Oh yeah, I've had that happen myself many years ago. :blink:

Can't say I was scared at the time though.