Weird Shaped Common

caitie

DSCF2971.jpg

I've been wondering if anyone knows why my goldfish has this weird shape? When I first got him 3 years ago he looked like a normal shaped common goldfish. Then as he grew his shape changed and his tail end started to go up. He is in a 15 gallon tank on his own, apart from a bamboo shrimp and two amano shrimp, so I don't think he is stunted. He eats like a pig but he doesn't grow much. But he is healthy, in the three years I've had him he's never been sick. I just wonder why he has that funny shape? :yeah:

Hi Caitie! :)

I don't have anything definitive, but if I had to hazard a guess genetics or an injury.

If he is happy and healthy...that is all that matters anyway. ;) But I am curious as to see some of the answers you will get.

Thanks for your replies,

I also think it might be genetic or some injury. No chance of electric shock because I don't use a heater in his tank. I was just curious to see if someone had another explanation.

I'm just happy that he's healthy! :rolleyes:

Thanks Black Oranda,

The water para. was always perfect with this fish. He started to get deformed at least two years ago. It came very gradually and now it seems to have stopped progressing. Hopefully it won't get worse. It certainly doesn't seem to affect him in any way. He is my healthiest fish. :D