Tank Stand

lasojuju

Friend of mine wants to sell me a 125 gal acrylic tank.But the stand is wood but with open frame on top.(not plywood across the top)I 'm wonder can i just add piece of plywood on top so that can support the bottom of the tank. I know if it is glass tank . I can get away without it .Help......Please

Someone on here might be a bit more help, but I would think plywood isn't strong enough. Home Depot sells birch wood in sheets like plywood, but it is much stronger and they will cut it to size. I think it runs $30 a sheet for a large size that would be long enough for the tank stand.

Any chance this means you are going to sell your other acrylic set up?

Friend of mine wants to sell me a 125 gal acrylic tank.But the stand is wood but with open frame on top.(not plywood across the top)I 'm wonder can i just add piece of plywood on top so that can support the bottom of the tank. I know if it is glass tank . I can get away without it .Help......Please

281155903_o.jpg

If not supported property. Acyrlic tank will BOW & crack, or pop a seam. :doh11: .... :krazy:

Install several 2x4 cross bar supports as pictured above.

Place minimum of 5/8ths & better would be 3/4 inch plywood over the top of stand, after cross bars supports are installed.

if anything shows, it is EASY to cover with molding, to make it look nice.

It's a wood stand, so that should not be hard to do

It already has cross bars support on the top of stand. So i can just add 3/4 inch plywood on top the cross bars then?Thanks................