My New 90 Gallon Is Up And Running!

• Supporter

OK, I know I have been talking about it for weeks, but my 90 gallon is FINALLY done and my fish are in it! yay! Thanks to my lovely fiance/husband who re-sealed it for me and made sure that the stand was cockroach-free (always watch out for this when buying used stands!). The tank started out with nasty caulking in it, whoever had it before had resealed it over old, gross, green caulking and used way too much. So he stripped it bare and started over.

100_0431.jpg

100_0432.jpg

Removed sealant

100_0438.jpg

Edited by jen626

• Supporter

Then, when we were testing it to make sure there were no leaks, it was christened by one the snails in our yard who thought it was a good place to take a poo!

100_0640.jpg

Then, we dragged it into the house and I got it set up

100_0654.jpg

Took the fish out of their old 55 gallon home

100_0653.jpg

And added the fish to their new, much better home!

100_0666.jpg

Edited by jen626

• Supporter

And then added all FOUR hob filters...I need some canisters!

100_0671.jpg

And a decoration

100_0676.jpg

And they are happy as can be!

Now comes musical tanks, version 2, moving the telescopes into the 55 gallon!

Old home

100_0678.jpg

New home...

100_0674.jpg

To be continued....

• Supporter

Thanks! Yeah, they are giant. When I got them they were almost that big and were all living in a 10 gallon tank! They could barely turn around! I was only able to move them into a 20 for awhile, which was a tiny bit better and required daily water changes. But then I got the 55 and they were pretty good in there, although I know still overstocked. With overfiltering and lots of water testing, they were pretty ok in there. They bred eight times even! But the 90 gallon is even better for them, and the 55 will be great for my telescopes. Then, my two year old fry from the giants get to move into the 20 gallon. Musical tanks!

I love your fish Kharma...i want to try and find a black and white telescope to add to my tank, but they are not easy to find around here!

And I just noticed the scary picture of my cat under the tank in the 5th picture...

Edited by jen626

I love the pic of your cat!!! I thought that was a cute one!

Thanks about Kharma. She actually isn't black and white anymore. She lost the majority of her black right away and just had a teeny bit around her eyes and it stayed that way for months. Then the last few weeks even THAt changed from black to orange. Now she is a mostly white telescope with a teeny bit of orange around her eyes. She's still pretty though.

• Supporter

My orange telescope, Lisa, used to be a calico that was mostly black but she has lost all of the black except a stripe and a spot on her tail. I hate that! One of my black moors has a white belly now though, so i call him a pseudo-Panda moor. All of your fish are gorgeous!

I am worried about Lisa though, she is not doing so great since I moved her into the new tank tonight. I made a post in 911 so we'll see if anyone has any thoughts-I think I will just have to wait and see though.

Edited by jen626

Wow! Ya'll have REALLY done the work!! You know you gotta good fellow when he'll strip & re-seal a big ole aquarium for ya'!!! That has GOT to be one heck of a job!!!

Hope Lisa & the other settle in and become perfectly happy & healthy ASAP!! Keep us posted I know we are ALL sending Good Fish Wishes your way!!!

I thought the cat pic was COOL!! I could ALMOST hear the Exorcist music playing in the back ground!!

Edited by Jeana727

Wow! Those are some impressive fish!

I too liked the picture with kitty cat under the tank looking up. :D So cute!

Great job fixing up the tank!

• 3 weeks later...

**Hypnosis**

You will pack up that cool fish head bubbler thingee & send it to me!

Edited by Jeana727

• Supporter

Hey where are the rest of the pictures?

You want more pictures? I can do that! I should post all the switching around I did in one thread. I got another new fish today at the show, so more fish are moving around...it is neverending!

• 1 month later...