[*]Ammonia Level 0

[*]Nitrite Level 0

[*]Nitrate level 0

[*]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6

[*]Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.8

[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops

[*]Water temperature 76 to 78

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running 20 long

[*]What is the name and size of the filter(s) Marine Land C330 and a Small Whisper 10

[*]How often do you change the water and how much? 3 to 5 days 50 percent

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size? 6 Half finger size baby Oranda

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners? Stree Coat Plus

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often? Hikari WheatGerms

[*]Any new fish added to the tank? No

[*]Any medications added to the tank? Not Yet

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? "WHITE SLIM ON TWO FISHES" not ver noticeble

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? One of the Fish looks skinny I think he can't fight over food and he looks weak the water pushs him around

I noticed Heater Power Cable got the white slim build up and so are the inside glasses have a coat of white slim.

The Tank is New, Because I got a new 100 gallon tank i'm adding new fishes so i upgraded my quarantine tank from 10 gallon to 20 long

the tank has been running for 5 days now, all the fishes looks happy until today i noticed the power cord have a white slim building up and all the glasses

and i look closely on all my fishes the "choclate red" have very little white slim on his body and another goldish red oranda have some on him aswell.

is this fungus? what should i do?

[*]Test Results for the Following:

[*]Ammonia Level 0

[*]Nitrite Level 0

[*]Nitrate level 0

[*]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6

[*]Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.8

[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops

[*]Water temperature 76 to 78

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running 20 long

[*]What is the name and size of the filter(s) Marine Land C330 and a Small Whisper 10

[*]How often do you change the water and how much? 3 to 5 days 50 percent

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size? 6 Half finger size baby Oranda

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners? Stree Coat Plus

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often? Hikari WheatGerms

[*]Any new fish added to the tank? No

[*]Any medications added to the tank? Not Yet

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? "WHITE SLIM ON TWO FISHES" not ver noticeble

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? One of the Fish looks skinny I think he can't fight over food and he looks weak the water pushs him around

I noticed Heater Power Cable got the white slim build up and so are the inside glasses have a coat of white slim.

The Tank is New, Because I got a new 100 gallon tank i'm adding new fishes so i upgraded my quarantine tank from 10 gallon to 20 long

the tank has been running for 5 days now, all the fishes looks happy until today i noticed the power cord have a white slim building up and all the glasses

and i look closely on all my fishes the "choclate red" have very little white slim on his body and another goldish red oranda have some on him aswell.

is this fungus? what should i do?

It's not fungus but biofilm to me. Parts in red font have not been answered yet. What test kit do you have? It is highly unusual to see zero nitrate for a 20g long with six baby orandas in it.

Well it seems to be a new QT? No cycle. White slime could be algae, slime coat...any chance for a picture?

Personally, any time I am in question about my water I do a big water change! :)

Have you salted or prazi'd? Are these new fish?

Hi Nismo.

Six new baby orandas in QT? Can you confirm that? How many of them look white and how are they all behaving?

My first thought is pH drop. But your pH looks okay there.

Can you also let us know your kH?

And how long after the tap reading pH was the pH reading from the tank ? That might be important info too.

Can you take the tank pH again please if its been a day since you last checked?

Otherwise shedding slimecoat and thickened white slimecoat + thin fish most usually means parasites. Have you salted and prazi'd as suggested above?

Any ornaments/gravel ?(new gravel- if not rinsed very thoroughly for example deposits chalky stuff).

Hi Nismo.

Six new baby orandas in QT? Can you confirm that? How many of them look white and how are they all behaving?

My first thought is pH drop. But your pH looks okay there.

Can you also let us know your kH?

And how long after the tap reading pH was the pH reading from the tank ? That might be important info too.

Can you take the tank pH again please if its been a day since you last checked?

Otherwise shedding slimecoat and thickened white slimecoat + thin fish most usually means parasites. Have you salted and prazi'd as suggested above?

Any ornaments/gravel ?(new gravel- if not rinsed very thoroughly for example deposits chalky stuff).

The Tank has been running for 5 days I listed in description and the kit is the api drop kit (fresh water master kit with everything) and which one test the kh? The water is at .1 salt

5 gallon of water was carry over from the old tank and the old whisper 10 filter. New C330 filter is from my old 75 gallon tank no gravel but have 2 pot plants

other fish looks fine only the two fishes the choclate red is not thin only the goldish red

and no gravel at all for the tank

Thank You

Edited by NismoSkylineGTR

You've moved him? How is he doing?

What about the white film over the fish?

Salt treats some parasites but not flukes, all fish should really get salt AND prazi when they are new. It is an health insurance policy for their health and your tanks and other fish.

You've moved him? How is he doing?

What about the white film over the fish?

Salt treats some parasites but not flukes, all fish should really get salt AND prazi when they are new. It is an health insurance policy for their health and your tanks and other fish.

he is bottom sitting not eatting

i even bought sinking pellets for him

i'm treating the 10 gallon tank with this product now

http://aquariumpharm.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=66

let me know what you think

what is prazi?

ok you started meds.....are you in a qt tank that you can do 100% water changes?

you have to finish...make sure no ammonia in tank. ammonia + meds can seriously injure if not kill fish. Check often. Please.

BBs do not live in water, just filter media. You do not have a cycle in the qt tank. water changes mandatory.

salt and prazi...there may be a link in my signature...if not look up lynda's link she has the exact link to order. Sorry i am not more helpful right now.

Post back please.

the tank should be cycled (10 gallon water to the new 20 gallon tank then i borrowed 5 gallon of water back into the 10 gallon tank)

like i stated he went back to his old tank with the old filter medai no carbon i'll do daily water change 50 percent I need to find a way to let him eat

I just hope i got the right medicine

Thank You

Edited by NismoSkylineGTR

• 2 weeks later...

How is the situation now, Nismo? :unsure:

As Newbiefishgirl stated, beneficial bacteria (BBs) don't live in water - they live in the filter media of the filter. But since you moved your old filter over to the bigger q-tank, any kind of cycle burp should be short and painless. The BBs don't adjust to tank size anyway, they adjust to fish load. So, by moving over to a bigger tank with the same fish load, nothing should happen to the cycle. If you added new fish to that bigger tank, you would have to watch your water parameters though until the BBs grow in numbers to take care of the bigger number of fish. However, with a bigger load of six fish, another filter seems to be in order, since small filters can't handle much of a load to begin with.

So, you added that second filter to your bigger q-tank, do I read that right? Any time I have a filter with lots of BB's and a new filter with no BB's in it at all, I always use media from the cycled filter and stuff some into the new filter. That way Bb's will grow and develop in the new filter as well in a much faster time than if the new filter would have to go through a whole round of cycling. :)

Fish eat now? :unsure: