Sign in to follow this  
c_cube

Popo Is Floating And Tilting 1 Side

Then I decided to trap her inside a fish bowl (round) becos i believe the glass surface will not hurt her belly.. I put the glass bowl in side way (sleeping position) inside the Qtank .. and move the air bubble near the bowl opening side as near as possible so that popo will have some air.. i hope.. This morning she is just fine, ofcos stick to the glass surface all time.. I hope tonite when i got back home, her reddish will reduce..

I am not sure if I am doing the correct thing by trapping her inside a fish glass bowl..but thats the best I can do yesterday.. Ofcos tonite when i get home, I will release her out to free her.. LOL..

I think it's fine. Last year there was a short time when Ferrero was upside down and floating. She figured out the hanging out in a glass vessel all by herself. She would swim in and float to the top to rest.

20080721-211134.jpg

20080721-211419.jpg

These little critters are smarter than people give them credit for.

yesterday nite, when i hand feeding popo, i realize popo tummy is very soft and 1 side seems flatten, its like there is nothing inside (not solid as before). I touch pipi tummy to compare, it is solid and no flat.. I am worry, is there something wrong with popo tummy?? She still can eat and poop.. But why her tummy is flaten at 1 side (the float and touch the glass side).. I didnt take photo becos I cant see the flatness by eyes.. Only when touch, can feel it..

pipi is still turn over on and off.. I guess now, she is sleeping upside down.. new style which I don like to see..

:(

Then I decided to trap her inside a fish bowl (round) becos i believe the glass surface will not hurt her belly.. I put the glass bowl in side way (sleeping position) inside the Qtank .. and move the air bubble near the bowl opening side as near as possible so that popo will have some air.. i hope.. This morning she is just fine, ofcos stick to the glass surface all time.. I hope tonite when i got back home, her reddish will reduce..

I am not sure if I am doing the correct thing by trapping her inside a fish glass bowl..but thats the best I can do yesterday.. Ofcos tonite when i get home, I will release her out to free her.. LOL..

I think it's fine. Last year there was a short time when Ferrero was upside down and floating. She figured out the hanging out in a glass vessel all by herself. She would swim in and float to the top to rest.

These little critters are smarter than people give them credit for.

BeancurdTT,

So, hows Ferrero now? manage to swim at normal? how u cure her? she look so cute.. tiny miny inside glass...

Hun. Can you get any medicated food. Any antibiotic fish foods at all over there in Malaysia?

I actually was waiting for your response..that definitely is not wen growth..sad.gif..and like I said in my previous post..my hunch is anchor worms too...In the second pic you can clearly see the red circle around that white growing worm/fungus sad.gif

Just for reference, I know this has been delayed but I would like to comment that Sunshine was correct in guessing the exact cause of the wound. I was also baffled why my own ryukins had white and red rings around their fins. I frowned on what appeared to be a piece of fin tissue only to freak out it was anchorworm. Both anchorworms and fish lice were infesting my goldies altogether and I had to use trichlorfon for that.

BeancurdTT,

So, hows Ferrero now? manage to swim at normal? how u cure her? she look so cute.. tiny miny inside glass...

I think I fed them all broccoli only for a couple days and she recovered. She's still tippy like a boat with a high center of gravity when she turns, but she's ok otherwise. :)

I hope you solve your little one's problem.

Hun. Can you get any medicated food. Any antibiotic fish foods at all over there in Malaysia?

I have been looking for this but couldnt find medicated food at my local store. I guess if it is necessary, I have to buy online from foreign country which I didnt do before.. Can you recommend type of medicated food suitable for popo and pipi now? and also the spray thing to "wet" the fish body.. I never buy thing online before? How to pay ? credit card? is it safe? geee.... sad.gif

BeancurdTT,

I think I fed them all broccoli only for a couple days and she recovered. She's still tippy like a boat with a high center of gravity when she turns, but she's ok otherwise. smile.gif

I hope you solve your little one's problem.

ok. i will try broccoli.. thanks beancurdtt..

I actually was waiting for your response..that definitely is not wen growth..sad.gif..and like I said in my previous post..my hunch is anchor worms too...In the second pic you can clearly see the red circle around that white growing worm/fungus sad.gif

Just for reference, I know this has been delayed but I would like to comment that Sunshine was correct in guessing the exact cause of the wound. I was also baffled why my own ryukins had white and red rings around their fins. I frowned on what appeared to be a piece of fin tissue only to freak out it was anchorworm. Both anchorworms and fish lice were infesting my goldies altogether and I had to use trichlorfon for that.

Lupin, thanks for dropping by, i didnt see the white thing on popo anymore theese few days, guess she is recovered but i m not sure if they will strike back... geee.. sad.gif

C Cube,

DrsFosterSmith.com has a lot of medications, but I'm not sure what Imo would suggest. They do accept credit cards and are VERY safe. if you do not want to pay online you can call them and pay that way. the phone number is on their website.

I am so sorry popo and pipi are sick! you are doing such a great job taking care of them!! :bighug

C Cube,

DrsFosterSmith.com has a lot of medications, but I'm not sure what Imo would suggest. They do accept credit cards and are VERY safe. if you do not want to pay online you can call them and pay that way. the phone number is on their website.

I am so sorry popo and pipi are sick! you are doing such a great job taking care of them!! bighug.gif

Martha, hug hug.. thanks for sharing the website.. But I hope Trinket can recommend me what to buy for popo and pipi.... at least i know how the product look like and can look around at local shop. If really cant find, will order online from this DrsFosterSmith.com.

Waht i am looking is food and the spray..

you ARE doing a great job yes!! :heart

And yes they prob both have the same thing :(

Can you try to order the Jungle Antibacterial food as soon as possible. It is on sale NOW at the site Martha links you to above. It may be just the thing. Only med food will get right inside now I think for this. Jungle is good!

I'm having a problem with my fish doing the same thing. I've honestly never seen it poop but I'm thinking it's bound up with the granule food as I didn't soak it first...didn't know I should. Anyhow, one side all the time is up, he will swim if disturbed, but then back to floating. I'm not a fish expert, but my fish is so young and tiny I don't think mine would be egg bound, but I might be wrong.

The reason for my post is, I used to have the little egg holder that you an put in your tank if a fish lays eggs so others won't eat them, and I used it to quarantine a sick fish so the others won't nip at it. Mine cracked during our move and so I used my fish net now. It works really well, I just take my tank hood off, scoop up the fish, and then lay it across the tank so the net is still in the water with the fish in it. I rest the end of the net on the lip at the top and it stays there just great! Sometimes I'll push it down into the tank so it's against the side and that way the fish is totally submerged so they're not exposed to air for too long. Just a little tip I figured out until you can get the things you really need to help these poor fishes. Good luck to you and hopefully mine will get better too! :(

I'm having a problem with my fish doing the same thing. I've honestly never seen it poop but I'm thinking it's bound up with the granule food as I didn't soak it first...didn't know I should. Anyhow, one side all the time is up, he will swim if disturbed, but then back to floating. I'm not a fish expert, but my fish is so young and tiny I don't think mine would be egg bound, but I might be wrong.

The reason for my post is, I used to have the little egg holder that you an put in your tank if a fish lays eggs so others won't eat them, and I used it to quarantine a sick fish so the others won't nip at it. Mine cracked during our move and so I used my fish net now. It works really well, I just take my tank hood off, scoop up the fish, and then lay it across the tank so the net is still in the water with the fish in it. I rest the end of the net on the lip at the top and it stays there just great! Sometimes I'll push it down into the tank so it's against the side and that way the fish is totally submerged so they're not exposed to air for too long. Just a little tip I figured out until you can get the things you really need to help these poor fishes. Good luck to you and hopefully mine will get better too! sad.gif

Jesi,

Thanks for dropping by and leave message here.. I am sorry for your fish too.. Why they have to suffer this floatiness???.. Popo havent swim for 2 MONTHS!!!.. Pipi floating on and off but she still can swim around freely... I am so sad to see popo being trapped inside the round fish bowl most of the time to keep her from redness.. I tried fish net but the redness is getting worst becos her tummy rubbing the net. Keeping her inside he fish bowl is the best way i can do now... and good luck to you too..

Trinket,

I tried contact the sales via email, seems that they are not interested to send 1botlle of the jungle food.. No respond from them since i told them i just wan to over 1 bottle.. sad.gif . I wll keep on follow up on this..

cry3.gif Bad news......

Popo didnt eat today.. I feed her pea, she swallow a while and throw them out.. I tot the pea is too big for her, and i made smaller piece, same.. she didnt eat them.. Then i tried feed her floating pellet (soaked a little longer than usual) and still she didnt eat..

I notice her tummy side is very soft when touch.. She seems not active anymore.. Just float and breething slowly.. I put my hand nearer to her, she didnt swim towards my fingers.. She is look like dying soon.. cry3.gif

I don wan to lose her.. What can I do now?... Its 2:15am now and I still cant sleep.. cos i wan to keep looking at her.. I afraid tonite will be the last nite I accompany her.....

I see her closely.. she seems thinner than usual. her wen at her both side of face become smaller, making her head wen look sharpen than usual.. here is the pic..

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2170.jpg

cry3.gif popo is gone...... cry3.gif .. She is swim free now..

This morning when I woke up at 10something am, I quickly went to see popo.. She didnt move anymore.. I scoop her out and touch her to see if she have any reaction... none............... cry3.gif .. Sad thing to see is her eyes already have worm inside crawling around.. So hearthache.. Why this has to happen to popo.. why????...

I am gonna miss her and never forget her................ RIP popo.. mama and papa, pipi, sonic and the rest of tetra fishes will gonna miss you..

Also, thanks to all my friends here in kokos especially Trinket, Sunshinegurl and Martha.. U gals has help alot to save popo.. We already try our very best... She will know...

RIP popo 08/08/09

I am sorry to hear about Popo, you did all that you could and more. She will be missed :(

omygosh no NO Noooo :cry1 !! Oh I am soo sad to read this :(

I am so very sorry hun :hug

Rest in peace little Popo :heart You were so pretty and sweet a fish.

Oh no :( I'm so sorry :( Take comfort in knowing that you did your very best for her and she lived a great life with you.

Beancurdtt, apocraphya, alistairw, trinket, imber,

Appreciate so much!!

Guess, this topic will be moved soon to other place as it is no more emergency 911 or 999...

Below is the topic i just created especially for popo.. thats the best thing i can do for her for the last time.. hope she will always being remembered in this kokos as she is actually grow up with kokos..

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/78561-popo-rip-080809/page__pid__875847__st__0entry875847

thanks buddies..