Sign in to follow this  
c_cube

Popo Is Floating And Tilting 1 Side

Popo is still same.. floating and tilting 1 side

Wat I have done since last friday

1. Feed her pea 3 times/day for weekend, 1 time/day for weekday - 2 peas at 1 time (skin-peeled, and cut into 4 small pieces, hand feeding her)..

2. 100% water change 1 times /day for weekend, 1 time/day for weekday, add Tetra Medica GoldMed each time water change.

3. Monitor her poop (light green, short, sinking, no air / bubble, no stringy) look normal.

4. I didnt on any light and that area is kinda dark.. so, wont effect the med. I only on light when feeding time.. after feeding, i change water..

Until today, still same.. no change.. the red keep coming back after cured.. both side at each time.. :unsure: depends on she float which side..

:cry1 ... fungus strikes back yesterday.. the white cotton-wool like type on her head. :cry1

Sweetie are you sure it is fungus and not wen growth or something caught on it?

Like amy said...pic is great! :heart

When fish are upside down for some reason their wens grow tons....hoping this is it and not fungus!

its confirmed fungus.. Cos the next day, the fungus fall out and floating on water, I scoop it out from water and feel it with hand, its transparent and jelly-like..

yesterday she have another fungus on her side face... tonite, I will take pic if the fungus is there..

I have feed her peas almost 1 week.. but she still floating & tilting..

Oh jeez..I have never seen fungus fall out...Please continue what ur doing Chong..and lest wait for someone more experienced to advice you on it...and yes until then pictures would help...Fingers crossed for Popo..and you are doing sooo good..Hugsssss to you..please keep us posted..tc

Aw hun, this must be so scary! Do you still have meds in that water? Still doing those daily water changes?

If its fungus, salt is very good but you would need to take all the medication out before adding salt. Salt will slough off fungus. It is actually a good thing that it is falling off.

Is the skin red underneath where the fungus was -or not?

New updates..

Fungus all clear.. no more fungus now.. No more reddish...

But, she is still floating and tilting.. she seems trying to swim yesterday, look more energized..but still at end, she is "parking" at water level.and floating, tilting..

Everyday I feed her peas, I change 100% water, I put med.. but she still same.. Something is wrong but dunno whats went wrong.. Is she injured? I try to push her and she can swim, fins, lobes, all moving as usual.. just that she cant balance her body and float..

Now, wats next?

popo has been tilting and floating for almost 1 month!! :ill

Tried everything... fast her, feed her peas, 100% change water everday, put med.. now, wat else???

If we use meds too long there is a danger the kidneys will fail. The kidneys excrete poisons and so are an important part of the whole balance of gases within the fish. I would just focus on fresh water now. Lots of aeration. Good stable conditions and only medicate if you see the red or fungus back.

She may recover yet. Feed her. Hang in there!

Is it possible that the 'fungus' could have been excess slime coat ? Hang in there Popo !

OMG!! oh no!! C Cube I am so sorry!! :(

how is Popo doing today? is she any better??

hang in there!!!! *big big hugs*

If we use meds too long there is a danger the kidneys will fail. The kidneys excrete poisons and so are an important part of the whole balance of gases within the fish. I would just focus on fresh water now. Lots of aeration. Good stable conditions and only medicate if you see the red or fungus back.

She may recover yet. Feed her. Hang in there!

Trinket, do i need to start feed her pellet? Now I am still feed her greenpea...

I will continue change water everyday (100%) and not going to put med....

Is it possible that the 'fungus' could have been excess slime coat ? Hang in there Popo !

it fungus.. becos when it drop from wen, the wen is red.. but will recover very soon.. seems like popo used to fungus.. she always have fungus.. but will recover soon after i put med.. only this time, the floating 1 side.. (tilting) seems too long.. now i wonder if she still can remember how to swim.. hahaha.. :rolleyes:

I am hand feeding her peas everyday.. Now when I put my hand inside water, she will "vacuum" my finger.. tot I am going to feed her again.. she knows.. very smart baby... i don wan to loose her.. she is the great survivor since my 1st time bought in 8goldfish.. all died except her....then i bought another 4, and all die except pipi.. so popo and pipi are wat i have now until today..

it fungus.. becos when it drop from wen, the wen is red.. but will recover very soon.. seems like popo used to fungus.. she always have fungus.. but will recover soon after i put med.. only this time, the floating 1 side.. (tilting) seems too long.. now i wonder if she still can remember how to swim.. hahaha.. :rolleyes:

it drops from the wen???..could this be anchor worm and not fungus???

C Cube does it look something like this Anchor Worm

I am not sure..but just trying to clarify and understand myself what it could be..so that Imo can direct you towards treating the right disease.. :)

Edited by SunshineGurl

Hmm. Wen infections happen easily as the wen grows. I think I'm more anxious about the tilting but a picture would be nice of his wen. He sounds such a little trouper :heart The survivors truly win your heart don't they?

Do you have any pellet food with lactobacter in... probiotics? This would be good for his tummy.

I think is fungus as when it drop and floating on water, i scoop it out and feel with hands.. its transparent when i took out from water and feel like jelly / gel type..

here is latest popo pic.. with little fungus .. just took yesterday. I put her inthe big tank sothat I can capture the pic more clearly since the big tank have light..

taken with flash

IMG_0978-crop.jpg

taken without flash

IMG_0995-crop.jpg

The sinking pellet I have is JBL Goldperls. I will check tonite if it have with lactobacter..

The website : http://www.aquaristic.net/jbl-goldpearls.html?lang=1

the JBL Goldpearls sinking pellet

Ingredient : cereals, fish and fish by-products, crustaceans, algae (10% spirulina); vegetables and yeasts. contains E306 antioxidant, no artificial colouring....

so, its didnt mention "lactobacter in... probiotics".. :unsure:

popo still can eat, and poop but I am worry.. she didnt swim for 1 month.. just floating as shown in pic.. Can she survive? :cry1 ...

Yes she can survive. And as long as she is eating she can also have quality of life I believe.

I want to get someone else -like maybe Sunshine- to look at those pics because I dont have wenned fish and I am not sure about wengrowth and if it ever looks like that. (An affirmative or negative appreciated anyone looking in here).

If its not wen growth it could be a few other things.

Are these growing? In length before they drop off? (Anchor worm) This is an important question. Worms will grow in length as the eggs form in sacs and then drop off...

I know that there was a history of other worms in this tank...but I also know you treated with the formalin which should have killed them. So I am puzzled here.

If me. I would seriously lift her little head fraction out of water and dab the wen very lightly and quickly and ONLY once with some hydrogen peroxide if you had that.

Yes she can survive. And as long as she is eating she can also have quality of life I believe.

I want to get someone else -like maybe Sunshine- to look at those pics because I dont have wenned fish and I am not sure about wengrowth and if it ever looks like that. (An affirmative or negative appreciated anyone looking in here).

I actually was waiting for your response..that definitely is not wen growth.. :( ..and like I said in my previous post..my hunch is anchor worms too...In the second pic you can clearly see the red circle around that white growing worm/fungus :(

If its not wen growth it could be a few other things.

Are these growing? In length before they drop off? (Anchor worm) This is an important question. Worms will grow in length as the eggs form in sacs and then drop off...

I know that there was a history of other worms in this tank...but I also know you treated with the formalin which should have killed them. So I am puzzled here.

If me. I would seriously lift her little head fraction out of water and dab the wen very lightly and quickly and ONLY once with some hydrogen peroxide if you had that.

Yeah..I was thinking on the same lines..and Hydrogen peroxide is an excellent idea Imo...

C cube please let us know more about the growing fungus/worms...hope Popo recovers soon... :heart

:krazy: ... gosh.. all the while, i tot it was fungus.. ... anchor worm!!!!.... :krazy: How to get rid of them?... geeeeeeee...

what is "Hydrogen peroxide"???

The floating issue not yet solve, now anchor worm.. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear, please stay calm hun. I know its one thing after another with Popo but she is a fighter!

You said they drop off? Anchor worm do that. Do you notice they grow as well?

yesterday i notice the fungus/anchor worm is gone.. no reddish on wen.. but i found the fungus/anchor worm floating on water and I scoop it out from water.. Its transparent and feel like jelly/gel as usual.. I cant take pic becos its transparent.. but when it is inside water, its look like white cotton and wont move it self.... Is anchor worm look like this? will anchor worm moving just like other worm?

I am really not sure how anchor worm looks like in the water..but Imo asked a very good question..When the anchor worm was attached did you notice that they would grow bigger in length before they fell off?

Let us know..and also how Popo is doing now...take care Ccube..Fingers crossed for Popo..

YES you cannot see anchor worm outta water!!! That's absolutely right. They are completely transparant out of water. BUT they do feel HARD in the water. Scratchy like a bone. That's the funny thing about them. I have had them sooooo many times in my tanks in the past :( .

Anchor worm are not however terrible parasites in the sense that they do not kill the fish. They need the fish to be alive in fact for them to breed on -so in this way they are really not as much of a cause for panic as most other (non visible) parasites can be. However, they need out. They do cause irritation and stress and worse- secondary infections.

I think the tilting and flipping is a separate issue here.

If we are sure these are anchorworm, they will return without medication and you need something effective for anchorworm like dimilin. Its the best.