Goldfish Dating Agency...

Strange title for the thread I guess, but I am kind of excited :krazy:

This weekend I am going to move Freckles, my calico oranda, into the back room tank where she'll have more room to swim about and I'm transferring Mrs Chu, my golden calico ranchu, into the front room tank.

Why? Well I am really hoping she'll hit it off with my gold and white ranchu, Watchu and make sweet music with him :wub::bounce

At the same time (well not literally - I'm not Inspector Gadget), I am going to transfer Chopsy and Watchu's love child to it's own growing on tank using some of the substrate from the tank and filter media too.

In fact I think my weekend is going to be totally fish based as I have work to do on my marine tank and dwarf puffer tank as well. No rest for the wicked I am told :ehh

I'm on strict instruction not to overdo it after my heart surgery etc, but I am looking at it all as good exercise :rofl3

Just had to share my excitement with people who'd relate to it :D

Edited by jennybugs

• Admin

Good luck hun. When I got Pharoh his two girl friends he had no interest at all, in fact it took him 5 years to breed for me then only did it twice. Not even nice music would help him :rofl

I was gobsmacked when I first put the 3 fish together and Watchu went crazy chasing the two girls. I have never had fish breed so fast! He's not done it since the initial honeymoon period so I am hoping Mrs Chu will rekindle his embers :D

Would it be rude or voyeuristic for me to sit and watch them all day when they first meet? :lol:

I have to admit, when I first saw this topic header, I was trying to imagine if there was actually enough fish-aholics out there to start a romance service. LMAO!! :teehee Can you just imagine it?? haha

I love fish filled weekends! Keep us posted on the young romances!

Go Jenny

This sounds like a long term reason for a need for a bigger tank :newfish

You might want to rethink your watching period as goldies tend to breed very early in the morning ;)

Well this makes me wonder if there is a stud service for goldfish. Something like what they have for dogs or cats (the purebreds, of course).

I guess it would be a lot harder to do that with Goldfish. So many conditions can stress them out.

I should update you all on the progress...or lack of it!

I moved the two fish about and sat waiting to see if Wachu found Mrs Chu enticing. Mrs Chu set about happily bibbling about totally oblivious to Wachu and vice versa. Chopsy seemed to show Mrs Chu round the tank like "Here's the bubble disc...and over here you can find lots of trapped goodies...watch out for that bit it is a bit tricky and I once got stuck in that." :D

She seems so small compared to the other two fish but she's happy enough. No noses up bottoms or anything yet though :ehh:teehee

Is it a 'seasonal' thing with goldfish - like kittens being born in the spring? :D

Oh, I should add that Freckles is delightfully happy in the other tank with Roger moor and Curly! She's even stopped going upside down! :D:nana