New Chinatown Find!

We went to our favorite store in Chinatown, San Francisco, yesterday. It's called Pet Central and I've been getting goldfish there for years. I always come away with something nice.

Since I don't have a lot of space and plan to move soon, I didn't really want to get anything new, so I decided I'd only get something if it was absolutely amazing and really jumped out at me.

I had wanted a calico pearlscale but they didn't have any, so I just wandered up and down, looking at things. Lots of big, beautiful ryukin and orandas. Some pretty nice lionheads, too. I really just need a couple empty 100 gallons so I can go there and fill them!! :) Anyway, this one tiny fantail just really stood out to me. He reminds me so much of Merle, my blue and black shubunkin in my signature, who I lost a couple years ago. The blue and black coloring is just so striking and beautiful. And I really love his big, broad tail. I can just imagine what he'll look like as he grows!

So, what do you think? He of course is in quarantine for awhile but will be introduced to the 100 gallon after that!

babyfish2.jpg

babyfish1.jpg

babyfish3.jpg

He's beautiful! I really like his markings! I'm shocked you could restrain yourself and come home with just one! LOL I try not to even look at fish anymore! (I've been really good though about not getting new ones).

Thanks everyone! He's zipping around his quarantine tank right now.

Before I bought the ryukin last month, I hadn't bought any fish in over a year. I figure I can find a place to keep them and have enough smaller tanks, I can take down the 100 and still take them all with me when I move! :)

• 2 weeks later...