How Do They Manage To Do It

Quasi

I took a breake from writing my paper and went to look at the fish. I was looking at the big tank and Godzilla was napping in her vase. She has a reoccurring floating problem.

Then I noticed the other goldfish. Then it hit me, only four are swimming and Godzilla is in her Vase! Where is Gigi :krazy: I saw him this morning and he was fine.

I checked the tank from every angle and then I saw him. He had managed to cram himself between the vase and the internal filter :yikes . I have stuffed that area with sponges to prevent that from happening.

Let him be al right, I was thinking while I pulled of my sweater and plunged almost to my shoulder in the tank, to move the vase so I could get to him. As soon as I moved the vase he swam out, no visible damage besides one missing scale. My hearbeat is still double of the normal rate.

I have no idea how he got in there :idont

Keeping goldfish is not for the faint of heart. :o

Edited by Quasi

I was going to talk about you being a hero for saving a life and so forth. But all I could do is imagine you tearing off your sweater and getting wet and breathless - and my heart rate doubled. :yeah:

Hehe!

But anyway - goldies are like little magic iniduoh (Houdini backwards) aren't they?

I was going to talk about you being a hero for saving a life and so forth. But all I could do is imagine you tearing off your sweater and getting wet and breathless - and my heart rate doubled. :yeah:

I always get that, regardless of the tearing of of sweaters :wub::blush:

I had two pond goldies wedge themselves UNDER rocks that were laying on the bottom last summer. They had each been missing almost a week before I jumped in the pond to look for them. The larger of the two lost at least half her scales and almost all of her tail fin...but has managed to make a complete recovery although most of the scales are still not back. The other fish that was stuck jsut for really beat up but did fine once he came out of shock...all he wanted to do after I freed him was lay on his side at the bottom, I though for sure he wasn't going to make it. But they both pulled through...goes to show that even though goldies are fragile they're resiliant little critters.