Got A Wonderful Surprise Today

There was a little package in my mailbox this morning. Was wracking my poor brain trying to remember what I had coming to no avail. Didn't recognize the return addy right then either. So brought it in and opened it up. OMG!! It was the most adorable,beautiful,perfect little Lavender Telescope figurine!! It was done by jsrtist (Jenny) and was a present from our Sue. Girls,thank you sooooo much. You may never fully know how special this is to me. I was having a rough day as it was my Mom's birthday today. I lost her in Feb 2002. I still miss her so much as we were very close. To open that little box today of all days really lifted my spirits. We have all seen the pics of Jenny's work but let me tell you they do not do justice to the actual figurines. Those who have gotten one will agree I'm sure. And anyone who is thinking of getting one definitely do so. You won't be disappointed.

Here are the pics of this little one. It's appx. 2 1/2 inches.

http

://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/mi...le%20Figurine/

Again thank you so much both Sue for thinking of me and Jenny for making it!

Wow, that is adorable! I love its high dorsal fin.

Jenny's figurines are wonderful. I have two, a little calico and a telescope, and the personality she manages to pack into such small sculptures is amazing. (Way to go, Jenny!)

Sue is also a real sweetheart to surprise you like that. How perfect that it brought a little joy to your life on a sad day.

That indeed is a sweet little surprise, Kathy! :heart Nothing like that on a lousy day. It is always wonderful when people think of you, and those are the most precious moments. The little fellow is really adorable. :thumb:

That is so adorable! I love the way Jenny meshes the colors for the fins! They look so realistic :)

I have five (I think) of Jenny's little fishies and I love them all and am thinking of getting a few more in the future :) I agree, anyone who has thought "I might like that little sculpture" buy it because you will not regret it!

YAY! I'm so happy you got it! :)

Jenny showed me pictures and it is SOOO adorable!

It's funny. I bought a few of the mini guys from her a while back and then I said something about making a custom sculpture, and she said she would LOVE to do it. My first thought was something unique and of course I thought "Lavendar Teles". And whenever I think of lavendars I think of YOU!

So I asked her if she would make one for me and one for you. And she did, and sent them BOTH to me, and I was going to pass along one of them to you. From the photos I picked the one I wanted as mine, but when they arrived the one for YOU had a broken tail. We talked about fixing it, but things had been so busy that I said to her that at that point it had been on my shelf for so long that I got "attached", and rather than ship it back for repair then shipping out to you I just asker her to go ahead and make a NEW one. SO she did, and she said that she thinks its her best one yet! I saw the pics, and it came out SOOO PERFECT!

It's just kinda cool that because of all of that, it ended up arriving on a day when you really needed something to lift your mood! (Seeeee, I always say things happen for a reason) I know what you mean about little things sometimes making a huge difference.. I still remember at Christmas when I got all those surprises from koko's people and I was like "omg! Someone is thinking about ME!?". Makes you feel sooo good right?

Anyway, just wanted to send you a little something as a "thanks for being a good friend". I'm really glad you like it!

And I am also sorry about the anniversary of your mom's passing. I can't imagine how that feels. But I am glad I was able to do something to make you feel a little bit better on that day. Love ya Kath!!! :)

YAY! I'm so happy you got it! :)

Jenny showed me pictures and it is SOOO adorable!

It's funny. I bought a few of the mini guys from her a while back and then I said something about making a custom sculpture, and she said she would LOVE to do it. My first thought was something unique and of course I thought "Lavendar Teles". And whenever I think of lavendars I think of YOU!

So I asked her if she would make one for me and one for you. And she did, and sent them BOTH to me, and I was going to pass along one of them to you. From the photos I picked the one I wanted as mine, but when they arrived the one for YOU had a broken tail. We talked about fixing it, but things had been so busy that I said to her that at that point it had been on my shelf for so long that I got "attached", and rather than ship it back for repair then shipping out to you I just asker her to go ahead and make a NEW one. SO she did, and she said that she thinks its her best one yet! I saw the pics, and it came out SOOO PERFECT!

It's just kinda cool that because of all of that, it ended up arriving on a day when you really needed something to lift your mood! (Seeeee, I always say things happen for a reason) I know what you mean about little things sometimes making a huge difference.. I still remember at Christmas when I got all those surprises from koko's people and I was like "omg! Someone is thinking about ME!?". Makes you feel sooo good right?

Anyway, just wanted to send you a little something as a "thanks for being a good friend". I'm really glad you like it!

And I am also sorry about the anniversary of your mom's passing. I can't imagine how that feels. But I am glad I was able to do something to make you feel a little bit better on that day. Love ya Kath!!! :)

I can't get over just how cute it is,lol. And it surely did make me feel better. How could it not?

I can't believe I missed this topic! I finally wrote to Sue tonight because I was worried that I hadn't heard anything, afraid something had happened to it, or that you thought it was a mail bomb or something and returned it. :)

I am so glad you like it so much, and that it was able to lift your spirits. I'm so sorry for your loss, and glad that it brightened your day a bit.

Thank you so much for the kind words from everyone. They really mean a lot to me. This business is something I've wanted to pursue for a long time and losing my job was the push I needed to do it! I absolutely love creating my art, and of course the fish art is my favorite. When it goes to people who really love and appreciate it means a lot, because, like Sue, I get very attached to every piece I make. (I've ended up keeping more than my share of my work, believe me!! I have a beautiful calico ranchu that I'm trying to make myself part with!)

Anyway again, so glad you liked it. :heart

I can't believe I missed this topic! I finally wrote to Sue tonight because I was worried that I hadn't heard anything, afraid something had happened to it, or that you thought it was a mail bomb or something and returned it. :)

I am so glad you like it so much, and that it was able to lift your spirits. I'm so sorry for your loss, and glad that it brightened your day a bit.

Thank you so much for the kind words from everyone. They really mean a lot to me. This business is something I've wanted to pursue for a long time and losing my job was the push I needed to do it! I absolutely love creating my art, and of course the fish art is my favorite. When it goes to people who really love and appreciate it means a lot, because, like Sue, I get very attached to every piece I make. (I've ended up keeping more than my share of my work, believe me!! I have a beautiful calico ranchu that I'm trying to make myself part with!)

Anyway again, so glad you liked it. :heart

I surely do! In fact,it sits here on my puter desk so I can see it all the time.