Apple Snail

100 species oh my goodness! I had no idea, I thought it was just another name for it. I bought the inca snail at pet co yesterday, he was hiding in his shell for an ahour. Its the first snail I've ever owned, they're are very interesting I may say.

Great, they are easy to care, except they need hard water to build their 'houses'. Recently I had babies snails. Now they are very big, almost like a grow snail. I'm very proud. :blush:

Can you post a photo of your snail? :)

100 species oh my goodness! I had no idea, I thought it was just another name for it. I bought the inca snail at pet co yesterday, he was hiding in his shell for an ahour. Its the first snail I've ever owned, they're are very interesting I may say.

Luckily, only less than 10 are available so identifying them is not a big trouble. Inca snails refer to Pomacea canaliculata. You have only two species to distinguish between being P. canaliculata and P. diffusa. Check this thread out on how to distinguish both. I have several of both myself and they're not difficult to identify at all when you've learned the shell structure, etc. :)

http://applesnail.net/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18486