Sign in to follow this  
Guest mlisa73

Oranda Still Sitting

Guest mlisa73

I'm pretty much at a loss. Everything's still the same, although she still is a bit more active than before, but still not back to normal. Any ideas of how long this might take? I still have the temp. at 78 (although that might go up, because we're going to be getting some pretty hot temps the next few days (calling for mid-80's tomorrow and Sunday). Do you think maybe I could take the heater out? Still hand-feeding, but went back to once/day, because she eats better that way.

No signs of fishy poo? The heater should keep it on a steady temp vs. the swings...I would think.

Hmm... phone ringing...will check back.

Ok...love this sneaking thing...if she is eating better once a day..so be it. Are you feeding peas?

Maybe it is time to try a small batch of gel food with some nom nommies to entice her? ;)

Edited by newbiefishgirl

Guest mlisa73

Yeah, still feeding her the peas. In fact, that's almost all she'll eat, the past 3 days. Well, she's eaten probably one shrimp/day (or most of it) (she was eating 3/day).

I was talking to someone about that gel food, and they told me I could just make it with baby food. I'd be willing to try that, next time I go to the grocery store. But I want to do what's best, so what would you guys recommend?

Think, think, think... what can cause a goldfish to sit at the bottom, only to come up every 10 minutes or so, rarely root in the rocks or swim up for food, yet have no blemishes, abnormalities, or awkwardness, other than faint veins in tailfin (yes, they've lightened up a bit, can't see as many or as prominent), and "toilet"-like swimming? :hummm

Well for the food I used baby food peas, carrots, spinache. You can whizz up some garlic in the blender...thats good for them. Umm if you have pro-gold you can soak it and then add. Need gelatin. There is a link that someone did a picture play by play. It was pretty cool! I will see if I can find it! :)

In the meantime we will figure it out! :heart

Guest mlisa73

Oh! Illustrations! That would be perfect! Was it on this site?

Mlisa, how is your fish doing now? Any better? :)